I want to sell my house in Newport News – so where do I start? Well let’s get into this topic so you can sell your house as quickly as possible.
So I want to sell my house – where do I start? Perhaps a new addition to the family, you need another room, maybe the kids have gone off to university and it’s time to begin to downsize.
Well as these changes have come about in your life and you’re considering the next step, the first step you need to take is to make sure you get a good realtor to help you in this process with selling a house fast in Newport News.
There are a number of ways you can go selling a home.
One way is you can ask a friend or a family member that has dealt with a realtor recently and go with a referral like this, another way is just to call a few of them and interview them and just see if there’s a good connection between you all, but whatever you decide and however you go about this process, it is important that the realtor you find is a realtor who can aggressively market your home.
10 Steps for Staging Your Home on a Budget
Now you can put it on an MLS which is a multi listing service, your Realtor will help you do that, that’s not a problem.
We will all do that and just wait for the right kind of traffic to come across this and there you go, you’ll find somebody that may be willing to put down what you want or enter into negotiation for that house that you’re going to sell fast in Newport News.
But if you find a realtor who does more than this, a realtor who aggressively markets the house with various forms of media, that house is going to sell, and it’s going to be at the top of the pile and getting more traffic than homes that are just listed and using the old school method just waiting for traffic to go by and hopefully you’ll find somebody who will match up with the property well.
5 Benefits of Choosing Real Estate Property Online
So choose wisely, make sure that you have a realtor who can do good marketing for your home.
So once you find your realtor it’s important to spend some time to speak to your realtor about your home and how you can better present that home.
You know today many people watch real estate programs on HGTV and various other stations and of course their expectations as a result are very very high. It’s ok that you want to sell my home as is in Newport News.
Talking about Model Homes and Selling Your Home Fast
Also many go to new builds and in those new build sites they have model homes and these homes are done immaculately so obviously their expectations are very very high.
But if you take the time to just walk through your home with your realtor, this can be very helpful. You’re almost ready to Sell Your House Fast!
If you do an assessment room by room you’ll know exactly what to take care of and this doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll have to break the bank in order to do expensive remodeling or expensive staging of your home.
Just taking a little bit of time to take care of this in a good way with your realtor can make all the world of difference and get that home sold right away in Newport News!
In the description to this video you’ll find a link to our PDF on ‘How to Prepare Your Home for a Successful Sale’, this will really help you with this step.
Must Do Repairs to Sell Your House
Remember, it’s very difficult to change a first impression.
One of the most important things to get right is the pricing because you have to know that you can Sell My House Fast in Chesapeake or any area in Virginia.
Pricing your home right will determine whether or not it is sold quickly or it sits on the market.
Key Things Millennial Home Buyers Must Know
Millennials are a group of individuals born in the 1980s and 1990s and are within the ages of 18 and 36. Also known as generation Y, many are sidelined by tight credit, high student loan debts, and low paying jobs. In fact, until the past few years, these have been the key reasons they were slow to enter the real estate market. Now, they make up well over 30% of new home buyers and that trend should continue going up as they start to mature and pay off existing debt.
Compared to previous generations, such as baby boomers or the silent generation, these younger individuals have a different outlook when it comes to long-term investment, especially owning a home. One thing you can bank on is that Millennials know what they want in a home!
Read on to learn more about millennial home buyers, key characteristics of this generation, as well as a look at their attitude towards real estate investment. If you happen to be a millennial, you will learn how easily it really is to prepare and become a homeowner.
Characteristics of Millennial Home Buyers
These characteristics will help you understand the millennial demographic and tip you off if you are unsure if you are one (between the ages of 18 and 36)....
- 66 percent of millennial home buyers are first time home buyers
- Their median income is approximately $82,000 per year
- 66 percent of these buyers are married couples
- 50 percent of these buyers say that the main reason for buying a house is the desire to own a home
- 20 percent of them previously lived with their parents, relatives, or friends
- 24 percent of them owned a previous residence
- 56 percent of them rented a house or an apartment
Millennial Home Buyers Attitudes Towards Real Estate Investment
- Many millennials want to own homes or invest in real estate. In one of the studies conducted by the National Journal Heartland Monitor, 69 percent of the younger generation in the U.S. generally regard home ownership or real estate investment as a smart and achievable goal.
- Some millennials are scared to own a home because of the upfront costs they are facing. As homes go up in price, so do the costs associated with owning those homes. However, it is not just higher prices that may be putting some of this generation off. The thought of settling in a new place or living in different circumstances also sounds unattractive. Some, therefore, find renting an attractive option because of its affordability and flexibility.
- About 20 percent of the respondents in the U.S. feel that although owning a home is a smart move, this decision is not financially viable for them right now. Of the respondents, there are more minorities who feel their finances probably would not enable them buy a home. All millennial buyers have options so check with a local lender before writing homeownership off as a distant dream.
- Because some millennials are hesitant on home buying or real estate investing, they will continue to rent houses and apartments until their situation changes and they are more comfortable. As their needs change, rent prices will creep up, which will force many to purchase a house. In fact, according to a new study conducted by Choice Home Warranty, 30 percent of millennials plan to buy a house in 5 years’ time.
In a nutshell, whatever challenges you may be facing, buying a home as a millennial is a smart and achievable goal. If it is money that is preventing you from achieving this goal, you need to come up with a strict financial saving plan or find a way to acquire the funds as a gift from a family member. As you would expect, there are always financial institutions that are ready to help millennials get mortgage loans, even those with less than desirable credit scores.
How to Meet Your Home Ownership Needs
- First, you must understand the type of house you want to buy. According to a new study conducted by the National Association of Home Builders, most millennials tend to invest their money in homes that are older, smaller and less expensive. The main reason for this is that many millennials have not accumulated enough wealth to purchase new, bigger or expensive homes.
- You must also figure out things you want in the home. These are basically the things that drive you to buy a home to begin with. According to a survey conducted by Metrostudy, a Houston based national housing research firm, millennial buyers are looking for small but high-quality homes, especially in the suburbs. Some of them also look for homes with flexible space to entertain family and friends rather than larger properties to keep all their "stuff".
- You must know where to find your preferred home. With many agents posting listings on their websites, and via social media, it is very easy for millennials to find what they want before they even view the first property. Because many use their smartphone for home searches, they can quickly and easily search for new listings, get more information about the available inventory, and find details about the owner/home long before they contact a local real estate agent for assistance.
There are many real estate options for millennials right now and this definitely includes their ability to purchase a home. Now that many are settling down and having families, the appeal to own their own home is a strong pull. That is why agents need to market to this demographic. Those that do will benefit from dealing with savvy and knowledgeable consumers who know what they want and have a plan to make it happen.
The pricing of your home must reflect the true market value.
You know today many people have access to a lot of applications that help them see what’s on the market in a particular area, to know the homes that are there and what they’re being sold for, so it’s important that you do a little homework yourself, get informed of the market area where your home is located, find out how much the homes are being sold for in that area, but most importantly here is where you’re agent, your Realtor is so important in helping you get Cash for Home Fast.
You know yourRealtor is very informed of the market area, I mean this is what they do for a living day to day, they will be able to get the home priced right.
Selling house is a very intricate process that needs a lot of understanding in the field of real estate as well as patience. If you think buying a house is a much difficult process than selling one, you are mistaken. This is because selling a house is an equally complex process, where several factors need to be taken care of at once. Starting with fixing the interiors and exteriors to finding the right buyer who can pay the right price, everything needs to be in order and as preferred for the deal to take place.
An Investment That’s Worth It
The real estate market is one of the most lucrative markets in terms of investment, because the kind of returns that the real estate market is known to give, other investment tools can rarely match. Whether you have an investment property that you want to shell out or want to sell off your current residence, looking for a price higher than the current market price is a common goal for most of the sellers. And, to an extent, this is legitimate as well because the price of the real estate property is going to increase with time anyway.
This gives the feeling to the sellers that their asking price should cover at least the next few years’ going rate. If the property is nicely and centrally located in a popular area, has sufficient space, is well designed, have all the basic amenities in place, is well maintained, and all the paper works are in order, asking for the higher price shouldn’t pose any problem during the selling process. In popular areas, there is always a high demand, and thus, finding the right buyer who can afford to pay a bit of a markup over the going rate should not be a problem.
Why You Should Look For Higher Price
Looking for a higher price is a common thing in the real estate market, whether it is the real estate agent or firm who is doing the selling on your behalf or is it the seller himself. To an extent, it is this practice of increasing the selling price considerably and frequently for just about every sale and every property is what has led to an overall boom in the real estate market. The reason why you should look for a higher price too is that it not only helps get you better returns on your investment but also helps sellers to pay for the ad hoc expenses during selling without having to compromise on their original asking price.
Things To Do To Bag A Higher Price
Even if your house is situated in a nice area, it is not always possible to bag a good price, because of buyers apart from considering the area, also considers many other factors. How is the house maintained? What are the problems that the house is facing currently? What are the fixes that need to be made? What fixtures need immediate attention? What would be the cost to repair and fix the problems existing in the house? Does the house need a paint job? And, so on.
These and similar factors would be considered by the buyers, and if your house is not well maintained, then forget about asking for the higher price than your house is worth, you would face a tough time asking for the current market price as well. This is because the aim of the buyers would be to cut out the repairing and fixing costs of the house from the asking price. To ensure that you are able to bag a higher price than your home is worth without having to struggle too hard, you need to take care of several factors –
- If your house is old and it shows, do a paint job on the interior and the exterior to give it a new and fresh look. The idea is to make your house look attractive, both from the inside as well as outside to make the buyers with deep pockets fall in love with your property.
- Check for the fixes to be made in your house, whether it is your driveway that needs to be maintained, garden that needs to be mowed, washroom fixtures that need to be replaced, kitchen fixtures that need to be repaired or replaced, any electrical or water leakage that needs to be taken care of, and so on. Make sure that the house is in ready to move in shape so that the buyer does not find any fault or reason to compel you to drop the price.
- Take attractive pictures of your property and post it on the internet on real estate buying and selling sites. Good high-quality pictures would attract more buyers, and more buyers would automatically help in increasing the chances of getting the right buyer.
- Negotiate smartly and smoothly whether it is a real estate agent or the buyers. Do not sound or look like you need to sell the house urgently or you are in dire need of the money you will get by selling the house, even if that just might be the case. Desperation is an easy giveaway, and the smart buyers would easily read between the lines and try to take advantage of your financial situation to lower the asking price.
These are the few things you should keep in mind and do to get a higher price than your property is worth. It would need some research, effort, money, and time to get things in order, but it would be worth it. These few changes can drastically increase the price of the property.
Do Your Research
Before you go in to sell your property, you need to do your research about the current market price in your area. What are the prices other similar houses in your area are bagging, what the asking prices for similar properties in your area are showing online, what are the advantages that your house has over other properties that can help bag you a higher price, and so on. Researching would help you give the knowledge about the property and also help you negotiate well during interaction with the agent or the buyer.
Also, make sure that all your paperwork is in order, all financial obligations over the house are cleared, and all the dues are paid such as house tax, electricity bills, and so on. If there are any legal disputes over the property, make sure to get rid of them before you considering selling the property. You should also consult with the real estate agents and firms in case you have any doubts about the going rates, and can ask them about what can be done to get a better price.
How To Market Your Property To Attract Right Buyers
Marketing needs to be done in the right way to attract more buyers. In the otherwise case, even if your house is well maintained and in good condition, there would be lesser numbers of buyers coming up and showing interest. You need to market your property well to reach out to potential buyers who can afford to pay the price you are looking for.
Most of all, when you are looking for a higher price than what your house is worth; you need to have a lot of patience. It will take a considerable amount of time and effort, but the wait would be worth it. Sometimes finding the higher price is not a difficult task, and sometimes it can take longer. In any case, you need to stick to your price once decided to be able to get it, even if it takes a long time.
Images source: Google, copyright-free image under Creative Commons License
Premium Image source: Bigstockphoto
We Buy Houses Scams in America
That price will reflect the true market value
If your home is sitting way too long on the market, what’s going to happen is that a prospective buyer is going to start to think, hey what’s wrong with this house, why isn’t it selling and these questions are going to really cause traffic to diminish. It’s tough to simply want to Sell My House Fast and expect to have eager buyers wanting to pay Cash for Home Fast too.
Research shows that between the third and sixth week of the marketing process that’s when the most potential buyers are attracted, so it is important that, first your home has the right pricing and second that there is good aggressive marketing behind it.
You want to maximize traffic that’s going to view your home, draw them in to visit the home and put an offer on that home.
As I mentioned earlier, the visual presentation of your home is very very important.
You know first impressions are very very hard to undo so you always want to create the best possible first impression.
For this reason I don’t recommend that you do mobile phone pictures.
Get a realtor who is going todo professional quality pictures.
You know today on search engines when people are looking at multi listing services and they’re viewing the pictures, usually when a picture is presented if it’s of poor quality they’re probably only going to view the first few pictures and they’re gonna move on to the next property, and this is something you don’t want to happen to your property.
Getting good quality pictures will keep them glued to that screen and they can really consider your house the way it should be considered, and actually today even video production is a very important part of the marketing process, so if your realtor is able to produce a video for you, this is ideal.
You know this will really maximize the amount of eyes that will be looking at your property and considering it for the next purchase.
When it comes to marketing your home, gone are the old days of sitting in the backseat of your real estate agents car or following along behind and looking at multi homes.
Today the Internet has changed the whole experience for good.
Today people are on multi listing services, they are also watching videos that are aggressively being marketed through social media, so it is important that you’re estate agent, your Realtor is up-to-date with all the modern modes of marketing, so make sure you make this one of your criteria in choosing your real estate agent.
That way the right kind of marketing will be put forth and experience maximum exposure of your home and really entice those buyers to come and put an offer on your home and get it sold quickly.
If you found this video helpful, please subscribe, we’d love to have you on board with us, we have a lot of helpful videos coming out that will have information that you’ll find useful whether you’re a buyer or you’re interested in selling property.
Also share this with a friend and leave a comment in the comment section, also if you’d like to call me, call me at the number that you see below, I’d love to hear from you and talk property with you, also remember that there is a PDF thereon ‘How to Prepare Your Home for a Successful Sale’, anyway, until next time, all the best!.
Sell My House Fast For Cash – Can I Do That in Newport News?
What do I do if I can't sell my house?Kris Krohn, Limitless TV and I get this question all the time in the comments.
Iknow that some of you are trying to sell a house because there's a need to orthere's a financial hemorrhage going on and I want you to know that in today'svideo, we're going to be providing some answers and we're going to provide somereally awesome solutions.
I don't know if you can hear that but wetotally got the cleaners upstairs that are that are cleaning the house so wemight have a little bit of vacuum sounds going on in the background, I hope thatdoesn't bother you too much.
What we're going to be doing today is, we're going to betalking about what do you do when you have a house you can't sell.
We get thisquestion all the time, it's common where I've got this house, I can't sell it andfirst of all, I want to talk about some of the different reasons why people arestruggling and actually in this situation in the first place because itcan often be a byproduct of, I didn't have a plan or the market did somethingI didn't plan for.
Steven, you know, with you running the back into the entirereal estate system, I know that you work with people on a pretty regular basisthat have a home and they perceive and need to sell it, what are some of thereasons why people become don't want or need to get out of the house? - First, sofirst of all, I want to talk about, you don't ever need to sell a home when themarket's bad, right? That's a bad decision.
- That's actually the opposite ofwhat you want to be.
When everyone's selling you should be, what.
- Yeah, youshould be holding on to the right or buy.
So the reality is, if youthink you need to sell your home, chances are you probably don't need to sell it,you just need to find a different option.
So I want to just challenge yourthinking for a second, right, what if I need to sell my home or what if I I wantto sell it but I can't sell it, well the real answer is, you just don't sell it,you just hold on to it, as a matter of fact, when markets go down, if your homeis in a lease option or a rental and the market kind of starts to tank a littlebit, you're actually in a better position than you were before because althoughyour equity that home, may it look like on paper that it's leaving, it'sgoing away, the reality is, demand for your home's going to go up becausepeople can't qualify for a homes with the bank so they have to getinto your property.
- But I want to push back, Steven.
Some people say, "I'm in abad financial situation" or "There's equity in my house" or "I got this houseand I can't cover the payments" So sometimes people will look at theirstruggling financial situation or a house just have some extra repairs andit's like, I can't afford to keep this house so I can't sell it in the market andI'm financially struggling, what do you tell that person where it's not aboutthe market, it's about their personal market? - Great so there's a couple things.
Number one, if you keep that home in a normal rental market, it's probably notgoing to be the best thing for you but we talked about lease options alittle bit, right? The lease option is a wonderful solution if you're in afinancial pinch and let's just say thatyou need an extra $2,000 or you need an extra $5,000 or even extra $10,000, alease option is a perfect scenario for you because what a lease option allowsyou to do is to collect this initial money right off the bat and click morethan your typical rental would be anyway.
- If you don't know the lease option is,check out some of the lease option videos on our channel so that you canget an explanation of what that is but essentially what Steven is saying hereis, if you need to hold your house and the market is telling you, we're notgoing to buy it from you at the price that you need or want, then you need tohold it.
So instead of losing it, hold it in the most intelligent way.
Right now ona lease option, on a home, a single-family home purchased at or below the median,there's usually a $40,000 difference between renting and doing the leaseoption because like Steven said, you can collect a $3,000, $5,000, $7,000, $10,000 down payment,you're going to collect a higher rent so if you were renting it for $1,300, you canprobably lease option it for $1,500, that extra cash flow can create thatbreathing room of, I'm not going negative, I'm not losing money,I collected a down payment, I got someone taking care of the house, they'reactually doing all the maintenance on it, it actually manages mostly itself, I canbreathe again and then sell that house at the right time later in the market oryou can wait for a rebound, you can wait for the market to come back but you getto be positive on your cash flow.
- So one thing that people often say is, "Wellwhat if I'm upside down in my house? I need to get rid of my house orI feel like I need to but I'm upside down.
" - That is the worsttime to be thinking, "Oh I'm down in the market, I should sell.
" - Please don't, likeplease don't sell off your upside down in your home but the reality is, thelease option done right also accounts for that type of a scenario.
- Well justthink about it, man.
Every 15 years, the market is going through its ups and itsdowns.
In time, it will correct itself.
How can we say that with confidence over thelast 3,000 years? I'll tell you, they've been tracking it and it's because wekeep doing this thing called making babies.
Population increases and it always creates more demand.
We might be in amarket right now where at one point in the market, it's like there's not enoughhouses and we're building like crazy but you know what always follows that? Too manyhouses and not enough buyers and that's when people start getting skittish andfearful, the market goes down, they want to take, they want out.
I'm like, don'tsell the house, manage house.
This is part of knowing how tomanage your assets so really the message that we're sharing today is, if themarket will not take your house and a price you need for it to go for, then youneed to hang on to the house - get creative - but do it strategically andwatch one of the lease option videos because we'll share with you the mostintelligent way to do that and we even have a course that will show you, giveyou the contracts, show you how to market it, it's really simple, we create so manysuccesses with this system and so if you're in that position where you'rethinking, "Man, I really need to get out of this.
" Maybe you don't, you might fastforward five years and say, "Whoa at that time, I thought it needed out but I endedup making $30,000 out of a lemon situation, I turn it into lemonade andthirty thousand dollars is way better off where I was fighting.
- I want to saysomething crazy here for just a second.
- Give them a bonus okay.
- This is a bonus.
What if you're upside down in your home, you can no longer afford your paymentsso you need to downsize.
Now for often for people, they think, I used to get ridof this home, I need to get it off, get it out of my mind, I need to move on andmove out.
- Because of the fear and the scares, how am I going to pay for it -Here's an idea.
If you can't qualify to buy another home, what if you, what ifyou downsized, what if you rented for a while and now what if while you'rerenting, you turn that home into a lease option? - Well and you can actually getyour own self into a lease option.
- You can absolutely do that.
- And at the same time,so your own house and before you notice like, man, I reduced my payments, Iincreased my profitability, I'm way better off.
- Yeah, all of a sudden,you thought you were down because maybe you had a decrease in monthly income orwhatever the case is but now all the sudden you're able to maybe make up someof that, maybe make up a lot of that and put yourself in a situation where fiveyears down the road, you're not only a little bit better off,you're way better off.
- So if you are in a situation where you need to sell yourhouse and you don't know how and you want to make that extra forty thousandgain that we're talking about, make sure you click the link here and we'll goahead and have one of our team, it might even be Steven Miller or myself thatreaches out to you and actually shares a gameplan for a very real solution totake a stressful situation and turn it into a beautiful profitable situation.
Ihope this provided some really good optional solution for you on what youcan do.
The lease option truly is an amazing way to go click the linkso that you can learn more about it.
Otherwise, subscribe and join ourFacebook channel.
Oh my heavens, Facebook is the place for us to meet up, it's aplace where I'm doing a lot of real time and life videos, it's a place to findpartners and introduce partners, it's a place where I can share deals with you,if you want to get way more hands-on in real estate then you know what? Come findus on that Facebook page.
Sell My House Fast Virginia
Welcome to another edition of Fridays withFred, my name is Fred Sed.
I got a call from a seller of mine that's looking to list andsell their home with us and he asked me.
Fred, do I have to pay Capital Gains or income taxeson whatever my equity is? This is the answer I have for you.
For him, it was a little bitdifferent.
But for you, it depends on what type of property you own.
If youown an investment property, you're always going to have the liability of paying incometax or Capital Gain on whatever the equity might be.
Because it's an investment property.
No matter if you own it for 6 months or 10 years, you're going to pay Capital Gains.
Now, whether or not you're going to pay it, or how much you owe on it, that depends onthe equity, the net equity.
Meaning after commissions that you pay for agents to sellthe property, repairs, appreciation of value, or whatever it might be your CPA or accountantknows and they'll tell you what taxes you actually have to pay on that net equity.
Butyou are subject to and liable for Capital Gains on any investment property in Californiano matter how long you've owned the home.
Number 2, if its the principleresidence, this is the breakdown for that.
If you own the principle residence for lessthan two years and you sell within two years of owning it, for example.
You bought it ayear ago and you're selling it today and you close tomorrow whatever it might be.
You'llalso be subject to Capital Gains and what that amount will be depends on all the factorsI talked about before in regards to what your equity is, what your cost is, acquisition,closing cost, etc.
That's for your accountant and CPA to figure out.
The second aspect ofselling your principle residence and having to pay taxes or not on the equity is the following.
If you own the property for more than 2 years, this is the cool part.
In California, as longas you're a single individual or married it's broken up into those categories.
If you'resingle, you're allowed up to $250,000 of tax free equity.
So if you've only made $150,000in equity of 4 years of owning it, you don't pay a dime in taxes or capital gains.
Butif you break that quarter million dollar mark as a single individual, you will be subjectto capital gains of whatever that amount is above a quarter million.
If you're marriedin California, you're allowed up to $500,000 in tax free equity.
Anything beyond that,you'll be subject to capital gains.
Either way, consult or talk to your CPA or your accountantin regards to "would I owe anything", "do I owe anything" prior to selling it.
That'ssome of the vendors we have access to that we give our sellers if they have any questions.
If you have any questions about your property in general, contact me 7 days a week at (949)272-0125.
For any questions regarding this topic, videos, to look at properties.
View our highly reviewedwebsite at www.
Com and tune in next week for another amazing edition ofFridays with Fred.
Why? Because that's what Fred said.