How Do I REALLY Sell My House Fast in Chesapeake?
Today we’re gonna talk about the absolute best time to sell a house.
So when is the best time to sell a property?
Well, the truth is it depends.
If you bought it the right way, then anytime should be the right time.
However, will there be times in the market that are more advantageous than others? Try this one for a minute: Consumers and investors usually follow separate and opposite tracks.
So when all the consumers are buying up real estate, do you know what investors are typically doing? That’s when they’re selling! When everyone is in this buyer’s market, that’s when you can usually sell for the highest price and that’s when investors wanna trade into different properties.
Sell My House Fast Chesapeake!
But the opposite is also true.
When all of the consumers are dumping and saying “The sky is falling and it’s the worst investment that we saw in ’07 and 2008 and 9 and 10!”.
What were investors like me doing? We’re buying up everything like crazy! WarrenBuffett – he had his own hedge fund at the time.
He was buying 30.
40,000 homes per-year into the markets that actually were totally decimated.
So, best time to sell a home is really at the market high before it falls out is when you’re going to really cash in on top dollar.
But if your strategy requires that, then you may have in fact, the WRONG strategy.
Because if the market is ever turning and moving it away that it’s not advantageous for you, you should be able to continue holding that home, cash flowing it, and continuing to make money on it.
If you are not sure about how quick your house might sell, you may be wondering how soon I can sell my house fast. I'm sure you will come across people who have struggled to pay their bills, credit card payments, and some people need to remortgage their property to fund a business venture or pay off loans to ease financial burden.
Up to 2008 most people considered their homes to be assets regrettably this was turned out not to be the case when property prices went south. For homes they bought in 2007 could be bought in 2008 for at least 15% cheaper and therefore, these homeowners owed more on the mortgage than what their house was worth on open market. Great news, is that we can help you buy your property fast even if you're facing negative equity!
So what do you do if you're facing negative equity and perhaps thinking of handing keys back to the bank? There are many quick house buying companies out there who claim to promise you the earth but when it comes to buying your home fast, they will refer to your their partner i.e. people who will pay them to buy your details. This is not a good idea and we feel it is unethical practice to give vulnerable sellers a false sense of security. But, what options are available if I need to sell my home fast and move on hassle free?
I need to sell my house fast - what steps should I consider?
- Selling your house for cash could be the answer to releasing all the equity that is tied up in your home in return for a guaranteed cash payment. But the best offer you can expect will vary from 70-75 of market value. A typical quick house sale for cash can take place within 14 days of instructions and in some cases as quick as 5 working days.
- Sell your house via auction - you can contact your local property auctioneer and even online auction sites and request that you wish to sell your property fast to hungry investors. There's absolutely no guarantee that your property will sell and auctioneer will significantly undervalue your property to "attract" interest from property investor - for example a typical 100K property will be advertised for sale in region of 65K as guide price. There are also insertion fees involved and final sale price at fall hammer. If they do find you a property buyer, you will complete within 28 days and sometimes you can request completion within 14 days. This is not ideal if you're facing repossession and timescales are against you to sell your home fast because you will be waiting for auction date which could be a few months away. During the school summer holidays, most investors will be abroad between July and September so be careful not to list your property during these periods when it will not attract any property investors.
- Sell house and rent back - this could be a solution if you need a discrete sale to put an end to stopping repossession - selling your house discretely and privately at terms you can afford to pay back a rent to an FSA regulated intermediary like ours may be well be the solution.
- Put your house on open market with an estate agent - once you have received a realistic and fair valuation from an agent, you have to place all your trust in them to sell your property fast. If you need to sell your home quickly you might need to spend some money redecorating the property and bringing it to modern standards.
Beware of amateur property investors
Having evaluated your options you may be thinking what should I do if I need to sell my home fast with someone I can actually trust? Where do I find a reputable, reliable buyer who can buy my house fast? Do you really want to trust a "buyer" who has just attended a property course?
It's unfortunate that people you will deal with about selling your house will ultimately benefit from your decision to sell your home fast. If you advertise your home with a low asking price then a potential buyer will get a fantastic discount against its true market value.
Other the other hand, an estate agent will probably over value your property to win your business rather than being realistic and therefore, you may consider selling your home for cash at discount to a property investment company.
If you need to sell house quickly, often you could be confused under pressure, not knowing what to do next. So how can you avoid all the stress if you need sell your home fast?
- Carry out detailed research about how much properties sold for recently in your area. You can find plenty of useful information on Rightmove and Zoopla.
- Ask the experts - contrary to popular belief your estate agents are not property expert as they only allowed to give their opinion rather than professional advice which can only be obtain by a RICS surveyor. Contact your local RICS surveyor to establish how quickly houses are selling in the area and to give you an idea.
This is one of the reasons why one of my many rules in real estate is that I buy below the median.
Why do I do that on my short-term buy and holds? Because if the market ever turns AGAINST me, I’m gonna keep on cash flowing that property and those lower-priced homes – they don’t lose value like a million ora half a million dollar home does.
So Warren Buffett has this principle, right?He calls it the margin of risk.
And really when you talk about the best time to sella house, I wanna draw attention to how Warren Buffett has become a billionaire and the, one of the greatest philanthropist of our day and age; all based on a very simple principle you may have heard called Buy Low, Sell High, okay?
Warren is a really great example if you read his book Snowball, of an individual that really live his principles. He must have understood VirginiaInvesting.com!
He says if you wanna reduce your risk, you gotta increase your margin of profitability.
So it’s real simple:If you buy a house as an investor, you buy it with a lot of equity ’cause if you do, whether it’s the wrong or right time to sell, you can sell profitably! Understanding this principle is key for this next part: If you buy the right house, you can sell it anytime for great profit.
I’ve got an example here of the house that I’ve just recently sold.
This is a house that I sold and purchased in ’05 and sold in 2015.
So I’ve held onto this house for 10 years and here’s some background on this house: I actually leveraged a partner’s money and a partner’s credit to buy this house.
So how much money was I into this deal? I wasn’t in it at all.
And I used my staff and my team and we basically lined it up.
Now I have here the HUD.
This is actually the closing documents on selling this house where I received as you can see here a $38,986check.
But here’s the summary on this spread that I wanna point out.
I purchased this house in 2005 and we bought it for $109,000 and a down payment of 10% was $1,069.
My expenses over the life of holding this was 70,000 but my income was a 107.
What’s the difference? Roughly $37,000 that we got to make in cash flow and to down payments, deposits, along the way.
Then when we sold the house, we collected a check for $28,000 that me and my partner got to split afterI paid back my partner the $9,000 that he put in.
So he put in the money, he got paid back.
So basically there’s 28,000 of profits to split, there’s 37,000 that was made along the way, 37 and 28 is roughly $65,000, okay? So this tiny little house – 4 bedroom, 1 and a half bath, did a good job taking care of me.
Now let’s just for a moment take a look at the ROI.
I could’ve sold this house at any time but why did I sell it now? Well, it’s been a cash cow.
The little bit out, how do I know it’s a cash cow? For a moment, take a look at the ROI! We put in $9,000 but look at what we got out? $65,000! That’s a 720%increase.
Now, divide that over holding the home for10 years and that is 72% a year on your money.
Now, my business partner and I made 72% a year based on whose money? His money! He’s.
he and I get to split the ROI 36% each.
But let me ask you, if I put no money in, what is my real net ROI? It’s infinite! Think about it.
I didn’t put anything in, but I got all of that money coming back out to me.
So this is an example of ‘I could’ve sold this house at any time.
It’s been cash flow cowing.
Why did I really sell it?’.
Because the market was right! What do you do when the market’s wrong? Just keep making money and keep cash flowing! When you do real estate the right way, it can always be a great time to buy, hold, or sell.
which is why I love short-term buy and hold strategies ’cause I get to make my money along the way.
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s video on the best time to sell your house.
Put some comments below! We’d love to respond and give you the help that you need as we work on turning you into a brilliant, bright, and successful real estate investor.Adam Buys Houses CompanyBlockedUnblockFollowFollowingJul 24, 2017Avoid the wolves in sheep’s clothing.
You want to sell your house but are wondering how you know it’s one of those “we buy houses scams”.
Be aware of those we buy houses scams. This is a very important topic to cover. I wouldn’t feel like I’m doing sellers any justice as a real home buyer unless mentioned ways to avoid predatory scams in Denver Colorado. As the market here gets hotter and hotter, more and more people want to take advantage of the situation in a bad way.
Have those advertisements for people saying, ‘we buy houses’ caught your eye and made you question whether they are we buy houses scams? This is a very real concern for people considering this kind of service.
Trying to sell your house fast in Denver? Are you concerned that you might get taken advantage of or have the wool pulled over your eyes?
Join the club.
The traditional way to sell a house is using a real estate agent and having them list your house.
Maybe you would rather skip the hassles and sell to a Denver cash home buyer instead. Every year, thousands of people sell their homes directly to investors rather than listing with an agent. In fact, nationwide, 5.5% of home sales were to investors according to a report by RealtyTrac.
If you’ve never sold a home before or never sold one without the services of agent, it can be quit scary. It can seem downright overwhelming. Most people may be buying or selling a property a couple times in their lifetime.
I’m going to share some tips for you to make sure that who you are working with is a legitimate house buyer and not someone looking to scam you. By the end of this article, you’ll be armed with what you need to know to choose the right company to buy your house.
The Sniff Test For We Buy Houses Scams
There are a lot of legitimate house buyers in Denver, but there are also some people that are running we buy houses scams. It can be difficult to know which one you might be dealing with.
The stakes are high. People have lost lots of time, money and even their houses to scams run by people that don’t have any sort of moral compass.
It can be difficult to determine if who you are dealing with has your best interests at heart. Most of the time there are “tells” that will clue you in to their true intentions. These signs can mean you are caught in some of the we buy houses scams being used today.
The Three Most Important Things to Look Out For
- Upfront Money and Application Fees — If a house buyer wants you to pay them any kind of fees to evaluate your house, run away as fast you can. This person is likely a scammer. Honest home buying companies don’t make money charging application fees or asking for money. They make their money from buying houses, fixing them up and either renting or selling the house. I’ve had many sellers in the past even mention to me that they were told to put up the earnest money deposit to sell there house. Again, run fast if you’re ever asked to give any money.
- “Kitchen Table Closings” — If a buyer wants you to sign over the deed to your house anywhere other than a title company or attorney’s office, you’re likely going to be making a costly mistake. Any sale you have should happen at a title company so that you can make sure the paperwork is handled properly and all liens are taken care of. The sale must be recorded with the government to prove new ownership and the sale of the property. If the government must know that why would you sell in secrecy?Please do not mistake this for signing a contract to sell your house. A Purchase and Sale Agreement is the very first step in the process to selling your house. That can and probably will happen at your house. Just don’t sign any Warranty Deeds, Quitclaim Deeds without the services of a real estate attorney or title company.
- Too Much Information is Given — Phony bank statements and pre-approval letters for loans are given without being requested from untrustworthy real estate investors. These investors present these documents to make them appear legit but these documents can easily be faked. There is no reason for an investor to asks for driver license numbers, social security numbers or even your date of birth. The title company will be the only one asking for that for verification of owner on title. The only thing the home buyer should legitimately ask about is your situation and the condition of the property so they can find a solution to your problem with what you need and so they know how much they can pay for the home.This occurs a lot when the supposed “investor” lives in a different city than Denver Colorado and communicates almost entirely by email. I don’t know about you, but I’d rather work with somebody local that I can meet face to face. Just because they are not local doesn’t immediately make them a scammer, but I sure would rather know who I’m dealing with. With technology nowadays it should be difficult to make a phone call or use an app like FaceTime or Skype to communicate from a distance.
Scammers Don’t Always Look and Act Like Used Car-Salesmen
It’s not always easy to pick out who the scammer is in a crowd.
Sometimes it’s the overly nice person.
Sometimes it’s the straight and to-the-point always in a rush person.
Don’t let your guard down just because someone smooth talks you. You need to get the facts about who they are and what they can do for you.
We will discuss exactly what to ask for to determine whether you are dealing with the right kind of house buyer or not later in this article.
It may seem impossible to determine whether someone is genuine or running we buy houses scams…but it’s not.
One way is to trust your gut. If something doesn’t seem right…it probably isn’t and could be one of those we buy houses scams. It also could be someone having a bad day or simply just needs to use the restroom. Okay, all kidding aside it’s best to at least be aware of we buy houses scams and that’s the point.
Another way is to determine whether their actions match their words. Actions always speak louder than words and I’ve found them to be very telling about people.
If a Denver home buyer says he or she is going to meet you at your house at 2:00pm on Wednesday and they show up at 2:40pm.. they certainly don’t value your time or respect it.
If they walk through your house and tear it apart with harsh words about the house or your situation, you are probably dealing with someone that could care less about your feelings or what you get out of the deal.
Harsh words about your house are solely intended to force you to lower your opinion of the value of the house. This type of investor may as well be wearing a plaid suit and lots of gold chains.
A respectable and reputable real estate investor will always treat you with respect. They will show up on time and show empathy. When viewing houses, trustworthy house buyers will look for the positive aspects of the house as they know full well they will be making repairs and breathing new life into the home.
Other Not-so-obvious Semi-We buy houses scams
There are many other situations that I call ‘semi-scams’ to watch out for. These may not be illegal or full-blown we buy houses scams but are intended to take advantage of you and your situation.
It’s best to avoid these at all costs with we buy houses scams.
- Sub2 or Subject To Scams — Some investors use a strategy called ‘Subject To’ or Sub2 when using shorthand. This is where they buy your house from you “subject to” the existing mortgage. They will want you to deed them the house without paying off your mortgage.The biggest problem with this is that the mortgage is in your name and, if it goes unpaid, directly impacts your credit!It’s pretty easy to see why this type of deal is important to avoid. You would basically be trusting an almost complete stranger with your credit. No thanks!
- Conflict of Interest Scams — One I often hear about is a real estate agent not disclosing they are an agent and offering to buy the property. Only later to say they changed their mind and would rather list it. This goes against the NAR Code of Ethics 2016. What is happening is they are looking for a way to make money no matter what happens and are only looking out for their best interest. People should be absolutely clear on their intentions from the start. Too much wishy washy commitments usually means something is wrong.
- Short Sales Scams — Short sales are where a bank or mortgage company agrees to release their lien on your house in exchange for less than the principle balance of your loan. Typically, you have to pay off any principle balance and interest due for them to release the lien. When they agree to accept less, you are performing what is called a short sale.A short sale in and of itself is not a problem, it’s when this is attempted when it doesn’t make sense that causes a lot of problems for Denver Colorado homeowners.If you are behind on payments but have a lot of equity and a home that doesn’t need any major repairs, you might have an investor convince you to attempt a short sale.Short sales can drag on for months and the bank may wait until just before a foreclosure auction to deny it. Then what are you going to do? You won’t have time to sell it. It’s almost certain to be lost to foreclosure.Some careless investors don’t give you all the facts when they attempt a short sale on your house. You also need to be aware that even if the bank agrees to take less for the lien to be released, they could put a deficiency judgement on you for the amount the loan was shorted. You will probably also have to report the amount shorted as income which could cause your income tax owed to be a real problem for you.
How to Avoid These Potential Scams
Do your homework to avoid we buy houses scams.
With some quick research you can easily determine whether somebody has a history of doing what they say. You can also find out if they’ve been in business for a while which shows they are stable and worthy of your business.
Crooks rarely stay in business long and almost always have negative reviews.
- Check testimonials — Be sure to look for online reviews and testimonials for the house buying company you are considering. Any reputable business will have statements from previous customers that can attest to how they do business. You can read dozens of reviews from customers upon request from Adams Buys Houses. Take a look at them for an example of the types of things you will find for any honest business owner.
- Check the Better Business Bureau — The Better Business Bureau (known as the BBB) allows consumers to leave reviews and rate local businesses. You should only work with house buying companies that have a strong rating with the Better Business Bureau. If they don’t have a rating they may be new or not have an LLC yet but it’s still a great thing to look into.
- Make sure to close at a title company — There is so much legal talk in contracts and deed documents that you simply must have a title company or real estate attorney handle the closing.This is to ensure that everything is done properly.The last thing you want is for something to be done incorrectly that you have to deal with years down the road.You could even run into a situation where you are sued because something wasn’t handled properly.Title companies provide title insurance that will protect you from most of these problems. It’s definitely worth it.
- Don’t sign documents you don’t understand — This one seems to be common sense but is definitely not common practice. If you don’t understand something, don’t sign it.This is also where a good real estate attorney or title company can be worth their weight in gold. They should be able to break it down for you in layman’s terms so that you know what you are getting into.Great house buying companies will also take the time to clearly explain everything you are agreeing to in a way that makes sense to you. They are not in a rush and don’t sound confusing. If you find you are working with someone not willing to do that, don’t work with them. Find someone else that buys houses.
When selling a house fast to a local house buying company, you should be aware of the signs of potential we buy houses scams.
Armed with the knowledge from this article you are much better prepared to find a great house buyer for your house that will treat you with respect and do what they say they are going to do.
If you would like to get a fair cash offer for your Denver house, do not hesitate to give us a call at 303–558–5843. We would be glad to answer any questions you have and help you in any way we can whether you sell to us or not.