I want to sell my house in Drum Hill – so where do I start? Well let’s get into this topic so you can sell your house as quickly as possible.
So I want to sell my house – where do I start? Perhaps a new addition to the family, you need another room, maybe the kids have gone off to university and it’s time to begin to downsize.
Well as these changes have come about in your life and you’re considering the next step, the first step you need to take is to make sure you get a good realtor to help you in this process with selling a house fast in Drum Hill.
There are a number of ways you can go selling a home.
One way is you can ask a friend or a family member that has dealt with a realtor recently and go with a referral like this, another way is just to call a few of them and interview them and just see if there’s a good connection between you all, but whatever you decide and however you go about this process, it is important that the realtor you find is a realtor who can aggressively market your home.
When Is The Best Time To Sell a House in Chesapeake?
Now you can put it on an MLS which is a multi listing service, your Realtor will help you do that, that’s not a problem.
We will all do that and just wait for the right kind of traffic to come across this and there you go, you’ll find somebody that may be willing to put down what you want or enter into negotiation for that house that you’re going to sell fast in Drum Hill.
But if you find a realtor who does more than this, a realtor who aggressively markets the house with various forms of media, that house is going to sell, and it’s going to be at the top of the pile and getting more traffic than homes that are just listed and using the old school method just waiting for traffic to go by and hopefully you’ll find somebody who will match up with the property well.
I Can't Sell My House - Help!
So choose wisely, make sure that you have a realtor who can do good marketing for your home.
So once you find your realtor it’s important to spend some time to speak to your realtor about your home and how you can better present that home.
You know today many people watch real estate programs on HGTV and various other stations and of course their expectations as a result are very very high. It’s ok that you want to sell my home as is in Drum Hill.
Talking about Model Homes and Selling Your Home Fast
Also many go to new builds and in those new build sites they have model homes and these homes are done immaculately so obviously their expectations are very very high.
But if you take the time to just walk through your home with your realtor, this can be very helpful. You’re almost ready to Sell Your House Fast!
If you do an assessment room by room you’ll know exactly what to take care of and this doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll have to break the bank in order to do expensive remodeling or expensive staging of your home.
Just taking a little bit of time to take care of this in a good way with your realtor can make all the world of difference and get that home sold right away in Drum Hill!
In the description to this video you’ll find a link to our PDF on ‘How to Prepare Your Home for a Successful Sale’, this will really help you with this step.
We Buy Houses
Remember, it’s very difficult to change a first impression.
One of the most important things to get right is the pricing because you have to know that you can Sell My House Fast in Chesapeake or any area in Virginia.
Pricing your home right will determine whether or not it is sold quickly or it sits on the market.
Are you currently in a situation were you are thinking about how to sell my house quickly?
Have you thought about using a cash buyer but have concerns about going down this route, and consider cash buyers unethical and out for what they can get?
Then let me alleviate your worries by taking you through the process of a cash sale.
Many, but not all, cash buyers are completely ethical and generate business from previous client referrals and testimonials, using a win-win approach. A win-win approach means that you both you, and the cash buyer, come out of the transaction satisfied that you have achieved your own goals.
But before you proceed with a cash buyer, you must first consider the following.
Is your requirement to move greater than your need to get the best price for your home? If you can answer yes to this, then you should consider using the services of a cash buyer. Typically this would be in circumstances such as:
· Chain Breaking
· Ill health
· Moving abroad
Sale and rent back
By seeking out an honest and professional house buying company, you may get a provisional offer on your home within hours, and have made that important fast sale within the week, or at least within a time frame that is acceptable to you.
The ultimate advantage this way of selling has over the more traditional methods, such as using an estate agent or through private sale, is that the sale is both fast and guaranteed. Speed and certainty are generally not common features within the housing market, therefore because of this, you will pay for this service by selling your property at a discount.
So what sort of discount should you expect to sell at? Many cash buyers offer anywhere from 65% to 85% of the open market value of the property. Realistically, and speaking from experience, a cash buyer will need a discount of around about 82% simply 'to make their figures work'. That is, both cover their costs and leave them with an adequate, but not excessive profit, for the future upkeep of the property. Be aware that you understand that the open market value is not the same value that the estate agent would put your house on the market at. Open market value is what your property will actually sell for, if you were to ask the estate agent to sell your property within a 10 week time frame.
Should you expect to pay any additional costs other than the discount when selling to a cash buyer? Definitely no! If the cash buying company you decide to go with asks you to pay anything towards a surveyors valuation, or solicitors fees, or fees for providing the service, then I suggest you walk away. I would advise that you choose the type of company that will pay your legal fees, one that considers YOU and your situation throughout the process, and one that is concerned about making the transaction as cost free for you as possible.
There will be companies out their waiting to take advantage of your situation, and will even offer you as low as 50% for your property. It is imperative therefore that you always go with a reputable company, taking into account all of the above. On a positive note however, once you do find that trustworthy company, then selling your house to a local cash buyer can make perfect sense and alleviate those how to sell my house quickly worries!
The pricing of your home must reflect the true market value.
You know today many people have access to a lot of applications that help them see what’s on the market in a particular area, to know the homes that are there and what they’re being sold for, so it’s important that you do a little homework yourself, get informed of the market area where your home is located, find out how much the homes are being sold for in that area, but most importantly here is where you’re agent, your Realtor is so important in helping you get Cash for Home Fast.
You know yourRealtor is very informed of the market area, I mean this is what they do for a living day to day, they will be able to get the home priced right.Adam Buys Houses CompanyBlockedUnblockFollowFollowingJul 24, 2017Avoid the wolves in sheep’s clothing.
You want to sell your house but are wondering how you know it’s one of those “we buy houses scams”.
Be aware of those we buy houses scams. This is a very important topic to cover. I wouldn’t feel like I’m doing sellers any justice as a real home buyer unless mentioned ways to avoid predatory scams in Denver Colorado. As the market here gets hotter and hotter, more and more people want to take advantage of the situation in a bad way.
Have those advertisements for people saying, ‘we buy houses’ caught your eye and made you question whether they are we buy houses scams? This is a very real concern for people considering this kind of service.
Trying to sell your house fast in Denver? Are you concerned that you might get taken advantage of or have the wool pulled over your eyes?
Join the club.
The traditional way to sell a house is using a real estate agent and having them list your house.
Maybe you would rather skip the hassles and sell to a Denver cash home buyer instead. Every year, thousands of people sell their homes directly to investors rather than listing with an agent. In fact, nationwide, 5.5% of home sales were to investors according to a report by RealtyTrac.
If you’ve never sold a home before or never sold one without the services of agent, it can be quit scary. It can seem downright overwhelming. Most people may be buying or selling a property a couple times in their lifetime.
I’m going to share some tips for you to make sure that who you are working with is a legitimate house buyer and not someone looking to scam you. By the end of this article, you’ll be armed with what you need to know to choose the right company to buy your house.
The Sniff Test For We Buy Houses Scams
There are a lot of legitimate house buyers in Denver, but there are also some people that are running we buy houses scams. It can be difficult to know which one you might be dealing with.
The stakes are high. People have lost lots of time, money and even their houses to scams run by people that don’t have any sort of moral compass.
It can be difficult to determine if who you are dealing with has your best interests at heart. Most of the time there are “tells” that will clue you in to their true intentions. These signs can mean you are caught in some of the we buy houses scams being used today.
The Three Most Important Things to Look Out For
- Upfront Money and Application Fees — If a house buyer wants you to pay them any kind of fees to evaluate your house, run away as fast you can. This person is likely a scammer. Honest home buying companies don’t make money charging application fees or asking for money. They make their money from buying houses, fixing them up and either renting or selling the house. I’ve had many sellers in the past even mention to me that they were told to put up the earnest money deposit to sell there house. Again, run fast if you’re ever asked to give any money.
- “Kitchen Table Closings” — If a buyer wants you to sign over the deed to your house anywhere other than a title company or attorney’s office, you’re likely going to be making a costly mistake. Any sale you have should happen at a title company so that you can make sure the paperwork is handled properly and all liens are taken care of. The sale must be recorded with the government to prove new ownership and the sale of the property. If the government must know that why would you sell in secrecy?Please do not mistake this for signing a contract to sell your house. A Purchase and Sale Agreement is the very first step in the process to selling your house. That can and probably will happen at your house. Just don’t sign any Warranty Deeds, Quitclaim Deeds without the services of a real estate attorney or title company.
- Too Much Information is Given — Phony bank statements and pre-approval letters for loans are given without being requested from untrustworthy real estate investors. These investors present these documents to make them appear legit but these documents can easily be faked. There is no reason for an investor to asks for driver license numbers, social security numbers or even your date of birth. The title company will be the only one asking for that for verification of owner on title. The only thing the home buyer should legitimately ask about is your situation and the condition of the property so they can find a solution to your problem with what you need and so they know how much they can pay for the home.This occurs a lot when the supposed “investor” lives in a different city than Denver Colorado and communicates almost entirely by email. I don’t know about you, but I’d rather work with somebody local that I can meet face to face. Just because they are not local doesn’t immediately make them a scammer, but I sure would rather know who I’m dealing with. With technology nowadays it should be difficult to make a phone call or use an app like FaceTime or Skype to communicate from a distance.
Scammers Don’t Always Look and Act Like Used Car-Salesmen
It’s not always easy to pick out who the scammer is in a crowd.
Sometimes it’s the overly nice person.
Sometimes it’s the straight and to-the-point always in a rush person.
Don’t let your guard down just because someone smooth talks you. You need to get the facts about who they are and what they can do for you.
We will discuss exactly what to ask for to determine whether you are dealing with the right kind of house buyer or not later in this article.
It may seem impossible to determine whether someone is genuine or running we buy houses scams…but it’s not.
One way is to trust your gut. If something doesn’t seem right…it probably isn’t and could be one of those we buy houses scams. It also could be someone having a bad day or simply just needs to use the restroom. Okay, all kidding aside it’s best to at least be aware of we buy houses scams and that’s the point.
Another way is to determine whether their actions match their words. Actions always speak louder than words and I’ve found them to be very telling about people.
If a Denver home buyer says he or she is going to meet you at your house at 2:00pm on Wednesday and they show up at 2:40pm.. they certainly don’t value your time or respect it.
If they walk through your house and tear it apart with harsh words about the house or your situation, you are probably dealing with someone that could care less about your feelings or what you get out of the deal.
Harsh words about your house are solely intended to force you to lower your opinion of the value of the house. This type of investor may as well be wearing a plaid suit and lots of gold chains.
A respectable and reputable real estate investor will always treat you with respect. They will show up on time and show empathy. When viewing houses, trustworthy house buyers will look for the positive aspects of the house as they know full well they will be making repairs and breathing new life into the home.
Other Not-so-obvious Semi-We buy houses scams
There are many other situations that I call ‘semi-scams’ to watch out for. These may not be illegal or full-blown we buy houses scams but are intended to take advantage of you and your situation.
It’s best to avoid these at all costs with we buy houses scams.
- Sub2 or Subject To Scams — Some investors use a strategy called ‘Subject To’ or Sub2 when using shorthand. This is where they buy your house from you “subject to” the existing mortgage. They will want you to deed them the house without paying off your mortgage.The biggest problem with this is that the mortgage is in your name and, if it goes unpaid, directly impacts your credit!It’s pretty easy to see why this type of deal is important to avoid. You would basically be trusting an almost complete stranger with your credit. No thanks!
- Conflict of Interest Scams — One I often hear about is a real estate agent not disclosing they are an agent and offering to buy the property. Only later to say they changed their mind and would rather list it. This goes against the NAR Code of Ethics 2016. What is happening is they are looking for a way to make money no matter what happens and are only looking out for their best interest. People should be absolutely clear on their intentions from the start. Too much wishy washy commitments usually means something is wrong.
- Short Sales Scams — Short sales are where a bank or mortgage company agrees to release their lien on your house in exchange for less than the principle balance of your loan. Typically, you have to pay off any principle balance and interest due for them to release the lien. When they agree to accept less, you are performing what is called a short sale.A short sale in and of itself is not a problem, it’s when this is attempted when it doesn’t make sense that causes a lot of problems for Denver Colorado homeowners.If you are behind on payments but have a lot of equity and a home that doesn’t need any major repairs, you might have an investor convince you to attempt a short sale.Short sales can drag on for months and the bank may wait until just before a foreclosure auction to deny it. Then what are you going to do? You won’t have time to sell it. It’s almost certain to be lost to foreclosure.Some careless investors don’t give you all the facts when they attempt a short sale on your house. You also need to be aware that even if the bank agrees to take less for the lien to be released, they could put a deficiency judgement on you for the amount the loan was shorted. You will probably also have to report the amount shorted as income which could cause your income tax owed to be a real problem for you.
How to Avoid These Potential Scams
Do your homework to avoid we buy houses scams.
With some quick research you can easily determine whether somebody has a history of doing what they say. You can also find out if they’ve been in business for a while which shows they are stable and worthy of your business.
Crooks rarely stay in business long and almost always have negative reviews.
- Check testimonials — Be sure to look for online reviews and testimonials for the house buying company you are considering. Any reputable business will have statements from previous customers that can attest to how they do business. You can read dozens of reviews from customers upon request from Adams Buys Houses. Take a look at them for an example of the types of things you will find for any honest business owner.
- Check the Better Business Bureau — The Better Business Bureau (known as the BBB) allows consumers to leave reviews and rate local businesses. You should only work with house buying companies that have a strong rating with the Better Business Bureau. If they don’t have a rating they may be new or not have an LLC yet but it’s still a great thing to look into.
- Make sure to close at a title company — There is so much legal talk in contracts and deed documents that you simply must have a title company or real estate attorney handle the closing.This is to ensure that everything is done properly.The last thing you want is for something to be done incorrectly that you have to deal with years down the road.You could even run into a situation where you are sued because something wasn’t handled properly.Title companies provide title insurance that will protect you from most of these problems. It’s definitely worth it.
- Don’t sign documents you don’t understand — This one seems to be common sense but is definitely not common practice. If you don’t understand something, don’t sign it.This is also where a good real estate attorney or title company can be worth their weight in gold. They should be able to break it down for you in layman’s terms so that you know what you are getting into.Great house buying companies will also take the time to clearly explain everything you are agreeing to in a way that makes sense to you. They are not in a rush and don’t sound confusing. If you find you are working with someone not willing to do that, don’t work with them. Find someone else that buys houses.
When selling a house fast to a local house buying company, you should be aware of the signs of potential we buy houses scams.
Armed with the knowledge from this article you are much better prepared to find a great house buyer for your house that will treat you with respect and do what they say they are going to do.
If you would like to get a fair cash offer for your Denver house, do not hesitate to give us a call at 303–558–5843. We would be glad to answer any questions you have and help you in any way we can whether you sell to us or not.
How to Sell Your House Fast in Chesapeake's Market
That price will reflect the true market value
If your home is sitting way too long on the market, what’s going to happen is that a prospective buyer is going to start to think, hey what’s wrong with this house, why isn’t it selling and these questions are going to really cause traffic to diminish. It’s tough to simply want to Sell My House Fast and expect to have eager buyers wanting to pay Cash for Home Fast too.
Research shows that between the third and sixth week of the marketing process that’s when the most potential buyers are attracted, so it is important that, first your home has the right pricing and second that there is good aggressive marketing behind it.
You want to maximize traffic that’s going to view your home, draw them in to visit the home and put an offer on that home.
As I mentioned earlier, the visual presentation of your home is very very important.
You know first impressions are very very hard to undo so you always want to create the best possible first impression.
For this reason I don’t recommend that you do mobile phone pictures.
Get a realtor who is going todo professional quality pictures.
You know today on search engines when people are looking at multi listing services and they’re viewing the pictures, usually when a picture is presented if it’s of poor quality they’re probably only going to view the first few pictures and they’re gonna move on to the next property, and this is something you don’t want to happen to your property.
Getting good quality pictures will keep them glued to that screen and they can really consider your house the way it should be considered, and actually today even video production is a very important part of the marketing process, so if your realtor is able to produce a video for you, this is ideal.
You know this will really maximize the amount of eyes that will be looking at your property and considering it for the next purchase.
When it comes to marketing your home, gone are the old days of sitting in the backseat of your real estate agents car or following along behind and looking at multi homes.
Today the Internet has changed the whole experience for good.
Today people are on multi listing services, they are also watching videos that are aggressively being marketed through social media, so it is important that you’re estate agent, your Realtor is up-to-date with all the modern modes of marketing, so make sure you make this one of your criteria in choosing your real estate agent.
That way the right kind of marketing will be put forth and experience maximum exposure of your home and really entice those buyers to come and put an offer on your home and get it sold quickly.
If you found this video helpful, please subscribe, we’d love to have you on board with us, we have a lot of helpful videos coming out that will have information that you’ll find useful whether you’re a buyer or you’re interested in selling property.
Also share this with a friend and leave a comment in the comment section, also if you’d like to call me, call me at the number that you see below, I’d love to hear from you and talk property with you, also remember that there is a PDF thereon ‘How to Prepare Your Home for a Successful Sale’, anyway, until next time, all the best!.
Sell My House Fast For Cash – Can I Do That in Drum Hill?
How to Increase Your Homes Value
Are you planning to sell your home? If you are planning to sell your house, you may just want to start to think like a buyer instead of a seller. Why? It is simple - as a buyer, you are more likely to look at a home or property in a critical way.
Ask yourself what home improvements YOU would make if you were to purchase YOUR home today. When you bought your home, you probably looked at differently then you do now. In fact, you probably saw room for improvement when you first looked around the property that is now your pride and joy.
Buyers will do the same thing when they see your home for the first time. This is why you should look around your house with a different set of eyes.
As an experienced Massachusetts Real Estate agent, I have seen my fair share of mistakes when it comes to home improvements that increase value. For some reason, many sellers think that everything they do to their homes adds value. This thinking could not be further from the truth.
What Home Improvements Will Add Value to Your Home?
These are the areas of your home you should check out before putting your home up for sale:
- Outside areas
- Front door and porch
Making certain home improvements may even make or break a sale. Bathrooms and the kitchen are both crucial areas of any home. But, don't forget checking your lawn and making the front of your home look inviting.
Easy Home Improvements in the Kitchen
Updating your kitchen may cost less money than you think. A new kitchen will always make your home look more attractive and contemporary. It is one of those areas a buyer will look more critically at as it is the most likely room in the house he, or she, will be spending most of their time.
There is a reason why people call the kitchen the heart of the home. Kitchens are also the first place most people will think of improving when it's needed.
Contact a local contractor and see what they think. Replacing the entire kitchen may not be necessary. However, consider replacing the countertops and perhaps even the appliances. Doing so will give the kitchen a completely new feel. New countertops will immediately make your kitchen seem more contemporary.
Granite is one of the most popular countertop choices. You can find some choices that are reasonably inexpensive. An appliance upgrade to more energy efficient units is another good idea. After all, we all like to save money on fuel bills in the long run.
How Clean is Your Bathroom
You may not notice the bits of mold in your bathroom, but a potential buyer most certainly will. A clean looking bathroom, or bathrooms, can quickly sell a home. Believe it or not, we spend a surprising amount of time in our bathrooms, and buyers like them to look nice.
Replacing showers and bathtubs may be over the top. New tiles are, however, a cost-effective option if you would like to achieve a quick sale and get an excellent price for your home.
Also, consider fitting low- flow shower heads and tabs. Yet, another energy saving idea which could help you to sell your home. Invest in some new towels in vibrant colors. This is all about lifting the overall look of your bathroom and make it look more inviting. You want a buyer to think that they can walk in and use the bathroom right away.
Out Side Areas of Your Home
When you decide to sell your home, make sure both your front and back yard look nice and neat. Cheap bedding plants are one way of doing so. You may even want to invest in some hanging baskets and colorful planters to achieve a fresh look. Take a look at your lawn as well. Does it have any brown patches or moss growing in it? If you have brown spots in your lawn, you should remove them and sow some fresh grass seeds.
Rake your yard for moss, and aerate it at the same time. Both will make your lawn look a lot healthier. You may even want to consider painting fences and staining any decking to give the outside areas of your home a well-maintained look. Quite often the things you neglect around your home could cause problems at the home inspection. In fact, the issues may be large enough in some buyers eyes that they back out of the sale.
The Front Door and Porch
Apart from your front yard, the first thing a buyer will see is the front door and porch. This is where the entire buying process starts. Making these areas of your home seem more attractive can be simple with a little effort on your part.
This is a really simple way to make your home look more appealing. Should you buy a new front door? That may look a bit fake. But, it is a good idea to take a look at your door hardware such as handles, bells, and nobs. Do they look dated at all? If they do, replacing them is cheap and will instantly add value to your home.
Make sure your porch is clean and inviting. A couple of planters packed with seasonable flowers say welcome to our home. Of course, you don't need to leave them there. Take them with you to your new home.Home improvements do not need to be expensive, but the right ones will undoubtedly add value to your home. Think about it like this. You are offering a buyer a turn-key solution. You want your home to shout out " walk in and live here." That is what pre-sales home improvements are all about.
Final ThoughtsMaking these improvements will undoubtedly make your real estate agent happy. Realtors love it when their clients pay attention to what it takes to sell a home. It is also a proven fact that homes that look their best sell quicker and for more money. It sounds like it may be time to do what you can to increase your properties value right? Best of luck getting your house ready for the next buyer!
Everyone wishes to sell at the maximum value of their houses. However, in the real estate market, this can be really challenging. That is because there are a lot of listings for property sale, but very few buyers are willing to invest in them. Those who will actually be able to sell their houses will be quite lucky in these circumstances. If you're thinking of selling off your house, you must be troubled and always asking yourself, "How can I sell my house quickly?"
There is more than one reason which can cause the urgency to sell one's home, because, otherwise, no body wishes to do so. The most prominent reason is financial problems. A home owner with pending mortgage payments and household bills can be put in a situation where selling his property is the only way out. Financial crises can result when you are unexpectedly fired from your job, or have some medical emergency that caused you to have many debts. You can also have financial stress as a result of divorce if your earning ex-partner is no longer affording liabilities. There can also be other reasons like your relocation from your current city or state.
In any case, you will want a handsome amount for your property, and that, too, urgently. Luckily, there are some companies out there which work on the "sell my house quickly" agenda, and the best part is that these guys specialize in buying any property in market rates. By contacting them for the sale of your house, you will be spared from lengthy procedures of selling your home. In times of urgency, you can really rely on these companies. The best part is that these "sell my house quickly" companies can also pay you all cash for your property.
There could be other instances where one might wish to sell his house quickly. Take, for example, a situation in which a purchaser has made a deal with the seller, but suddenly backs out due to unknown reasons. When a buyer makes this move, your property sale will completely collapse. The only ray of hope in such a situation is the "sell my home quickly" company. Once you contact it, you can get reasonable profit by selling it your property.
Another reason why a home owner might think of selling his property fast is the occurrence of any mishap such as property damage caused by fire. Such instances depreciate the value of your property, and there is no way you can escape this reality even after getting renovations. However, you can make the right decision by selling your house to one of many "sell my house quickly" companies. This way you won't have to spend your money on renovations, and you can easily sell your property in this down real estate market.
There are so many reasons which can prompt you to think, "I need to sell my house quickly!", but in any case, there is only one surefire way to do so. So take a wise decision and choose to sell your house with the help of the experts.