How much does it cost to sell a house fast in Virginia ? Well that’s what we’re talking about today and we are starting right now. If you’re looking to buy, fix and flip a home or really need cash for home in Virginia, then this is the post for you.
Hey everyone, welcome to VirginiaInvesting.
If this is your first time visiting our site go ahead and hit the subscribe button and click that little bell for notifications because you know, you’re awesome and I’m awesome so let’s be awesome together.
So how much does it cost to sell a house fast in Virginia?
Assuming that you are going to hire areal estate agent these are the typical expenses that you’re going to incur in Virginia.
#1: you’re going to pay the commission to the real estate agents involved in the transaction.
You hire an agent and you agree to pay them X percentage of the sales price of the house.
What do I do if I can't sell my house?Kris Krohn, Limitless TV and I get this question all the time in the comments.
Iknow that some of you are trying to sell a house because there's a need to orthere's a financial hemorrhage going on and I want you to know that in today'svideo, we're going to be providing some answers and we're going to provide somereally awesome solutions.
I don't know if you can hear that but wetotally got the cleaners upstairs that are that are cleaning the house so wemight have a little bit of vacuum sounds going on in the background, I hope thatdoesn't bother you too much.
What we're going to be doing today is, we're going to betalking about what do you do when you have a house you can't sell.
We get thisquestion all the time, it's common where I've got this house, I can't sell it andfirst of all, I want to talk about some of the different reasons why people arestruggling and actually in this situation in the first place because itcan often be a byproduct of, I didn't have a plan or the market did somethingI didn't plan for.
Steven, you know, with you running the back into the entirereal estate system, I know that you work with people on a pretty regular basisthat have a home and they perceive and need to sell it, what are some of thereasons why people become don't want or need to get out of the house? - First, sofirst of all, I want to talk about, you don't ever need to sell a home when themarket's bad, right? That's a bad decision.
- That's actually the opposite ofwhat you want to be.
When everyone's selling you should be, what.
- Yeah, youshould be holding on to the right or buy.
So the reality is, if youthink you need to sell your home, chances are you probably don't need to sell it,you just need to find a different option.
So I want to just challenge yourthinking for a second, right, what if I need to sell my home or what if I I wantto sell it but I can't sell it, well the real answer is, you just don't sell it,you just hold on to it, as a matter of fact, when markets go down, if your homeis in a lease option or a rental and the market kind of starts to tank a littlebit, you're actually in a better position than you were before because althoughyour equity that home, may it look like on paper that it's leaving, it'sgoing away, the reality is, demand for your home's going to go up becausepeople can't qualify for a homes with the bank so they have to getinto your property.
- But I want to push back, Steven.
Some people say, "I'm in abad financial situation" or "There's equity in my house" or "I got this houseand I can't cover the payments" So sometimes people will look at theirstruggling financial situation or a house just have some extra repairs andit's like, I can't afford to keep this house so I can't sell it in the market andI'm financially struggling, what do you tell that person where it's not aboutthe market, it's about their personal market? - Great so there's a couple things.
Number one, if you keep that home in a normal rental market, it's probably notgoing to be the best thing for you but we talked about lease options alittle bit, right? The lease option is a wonderful solution if you're in afinancial pinch and let's just say thatyou need an extra $2,000 or you need an extra $5,000 or even extra $10,000, alease option is a perfect scenario for you because what a lease option allowsyou to do is to collect this initial money right off the bat and click morethan your typical rental would be anyway.
- If you don't know the lease option is,check out some of the lease option videos on our channel so that you canget an explanation of what that is but essentially what Steven is saying hereis, if you need to hold your house and the market is telling you, we're notgoing to buy it from you at the price that you need or want, then you need tohold it.
So instead of losing it, hold it in the most intelligent way.
Right now ona lease option, on a home, a single-family home purchased at or below the median,there's usually a $40,000 difference between renting and doing the leaseoption because like Steven said, you can collect a $3,000, $5,000, $7,000, $10,000 down payment,you're going to collect a higher rent so if you were renting it for $1,300, you canprobably lease option it for $1,500, that extra cash flow can create thatbreathing room of, I'm not going negative, I'm not losing money,I collected a down payment, I got someone taking care of the house, they'reactually doing all the maintenance on it, it actually manages mostly itself, I canbreathe again and then sell that house at the right time later in the market oryou can wait for a rebound, you can wait for the market to come back but you getto be positive on your cash flow.
- So one thing that people often say is, "Wellwhat if I'm upside down in my house? I need to get rid of my house orI feel like I need to but I'm upside down.
" - That is the worsttime to be thinking, "Oh I'm down in the market, I should sell.
" - Please don't, likeplease don't sell off your upside down in your home but the reality is, thelease option done right also accounts for that type of a scenario.
- Well justthink about it, man.
Every 15 years, the market is going through its ups and itsdowns.
In time, it will correct itself.
How can we say that with confidence over thelast 3,000 years? I'll tell you, they've been tracking it and it's because wekeep doing this thing called making babies.
Population increases and it always creates more demand.
We might be in amarket right now where at one point in the market, it's like there's not enoughhouses and we're building like crazy but you know what always follows that? Too manyhouses and not enough buyers and that's when people start getting skittish andfearful, the market goes down, they want to take, they want out.
I'm like, don'tsell the house, manage house.
This is part of knowing how tomanage your assets so really the message that we're sharing today is, if themarket will not take your house and a price you need for it to go for, then youneed to hang on to the house - get creative - but do it strategically andwatch one of the lease option videos because we'll share with you the mostintelligent way to do that and we even have a course that will show you, giveyou the contracts, show you how to market it, it's really simple, we create so manysuccesses with this system and so if you're in that position where you'rethinking, "Man, I really need to get out of this.
" Maybe you don't, you might fastforward five years and say, "Whoa at that time, I thought it needed out but I endedup making $30,000 out of a lemon situation, I turn it into lemonade andthirty thousand dollars is way better off where I was fighting.
- I want to saysomething crazy here for just a second.
- Give them a bonus okay.
- This is a bonus.
What if you're upside down in your home, you can no longer afford your paymentsso you need to downsize.
Now for often for people, they think, I used to get ridof this home, I need to get it off, get it out of my mind, I need to move on andmove out.
- Because of the fear and the scares, how am I going to pay for it -Here's an idea.
If you can't qualify to buy another home, what if you, what ifyou downsized, what if you rented for a while and now what if while you'rerenting, you turn that home into a lease option? - Well and you can actually getyour own self into a lease option.
- You can absolutely do that.
- And at the same time,so your own house and before you notice like, man, I reduced my payments, Iincreased my profitability, I'm way better off.
- Yeah, all of a sudden,you thought you were down because maybe you had a decrease in monthly income orwhatever the case is but now all the sudden you're able to maybe make up someof that, maybe make up a lot of that and put yourself in a situation where fiveyears down the road, you're not only a little bit better off,you're way better off.
- So if you are in a situation where you need to sell yourhouse and you don't know how and you want to make that extra forty thousandgain that we're talking about, make sure you click the link here and we'll goahead and have one of our team, it might even be Steven Miller or myself thatreaches out to you and actually shares a gameplan for a very real solution totake a stressful situation and turn it into a beautiful profitable situation.
Ihope this provided some really good optional solution for you on what youcan do.
The lease option truly is an amazing way to go click the linkso that you can learn more about it.
Otherwise, subscribe and join ourFacebook channel.
Oh my heavens, Facebook is the place for us to meet up, it's aplace where I'm doing a lot of real time and life videos, it's a place to findpartners and introduce partners, it's a place where I can share deals with you,if you want to get way more hands-on in real estate then you know what? Come findus on that Facebook page.
When the buyer comes along if they are represented by a different agent your agent pays that person.
Now I’ve done a whole other video about where the commission goes.
If you’re interested click that but just know that we do not keep the whole thing ourselves.
We are splitting it with the other agent, we are splitting it with our brokerage, we are paying all of the marketing expenses, so don’t go thinking that we’re all millionaires because that’s not really how it works.
#2: you will have to pay the property taxes for the time that you lived in the house.
After the property changes hands the buyer will pay that.
If you’ve already paid your property taxes for the whole year then from the date of your closing to the end of the fiscal year you’re going to actually get are bate because you’ve already paid those property taxes and the buyers should be paying them.
So you’ll get money back.
In the Georgia market it’s very common that buyers ask you to pay their closing costs or at least a portion of it.
We have a lot of first-time buyers and nobody puts 20% down any more.
I mean people don’t have $100,000 just sitting in the bank waiting to buy a house as a general rule, so they may ask you, “Hey can you chip in $3,000 towards my closing costs?” They will probably also ask you for either a home warranty, a termite bond, or both.
As you know living in Georgia there are two types of houses -those that have termites and those that don’t have termites yet.
So we typically like to have some sort of pest control plan on our homes so that that doesn’t happen.
When the buyer comes along they’ll say, “Hey, I want you to transfer that termite bond to me so that I can live in a house for the first year and not worry that the house has termites or is going to have termites very soon.
“Now let’s say the buyer moves in and the first Thanksgiving that they have all their family come to visit the stove breaks.
Yes, this actually happened to one of my clients.
The home warranty company comes and if they can’t repair the stove they buy them a new stove.
So it’s a great thing for the buyer to make sure that they’re not going to have any unforeseen major expenses the first year that they live in the house.
A home warranty is typically somewhere around$500.
Now if you decide to sell your house for sale by owner you will not be paying the real estate agents commission.
Instead you’re going to be paying for all of the marketing of your home.
Just a for sale by owner sign in your front yard is probably not going to get the job done.
The people that buy for sale by owners are looking for a great deal so they’re gonna come and offer you far less than the actual market value of your house as a typical rule.
You’re going to be paying for the photographer, for the video, for the drone photography, for all advertising, you’re gonna have to put a nice sign in the yard, you’re going to have to show the property every time somebody calls you to make an appointment.
So the money that you save in the commission you’re going to be incurring a lot of additional costs in marketing and in time, where it’s going to be all on you.
You don’t have an agent who’s doing all this stuff for you.
So now you know how much it costs to sell a house but do you know what your home is valued at? Do you know what your market value is?
Because half the time your neighbor might tell you, “Oh we sold it for300,000!” But they actually sold it for $289,000.
I’m just saying sometimes people have the tendency to exaggerate just a little bit.
So if you’d like to find out what your home is worth because you’re thinking of selling in the next six months or so, click this link.
We would be happy to do a free no-obligation home valuation analysis for you so that you can really sit down and say, “Okay, if I sold how much money could I expect to make?” Because that’s a big factor in deciding is now the right time to sell or should I wait a year or two? Thank you so much for watching and I will see you on the next one.
Can I Sell My Home as is in Virginia ?
If you are not sure about how quick your house might sell, you may be wondering how soon I can sell my house fast. I'm sure you will come across people who have struggled to pay their bills, credit card payments, and some people need to remortgage their property to fund a business venture or pay off loans to ease financial burden.
Up to 2008 most people considered their homes to be assets regrettably this was turned out not to be the case when property prices went south. For homes they bought in 2007 could be bought in 2008 for at least 15% cheaper and therefore, these homeowners owed more on the mortgage than what their house was worth on open market. Great news, is that we can help you buy your property fast even if you're facing negative equity!
So what do you do if you're facing negative equity and perhaps thinking of handing keys back to the bank? There are many quick house buying companies out there who claim to promise you the earth but when it comes to buying your home fast, they will refer to your their partner i.e. people who will pay them to buy your details. This is not a good idea and we feel it is unethical practice to give vulnerable sellers a false sense of security. But, what options are available if I need to sell my home fast and move on hassle free?
I need to sell my house fast - what steps should I consider?
- Selling your house for cash could be the answer to releasing all the equity that is tied up in your home in return for a guaranteed cash payment. But the best offer you can expect will vary from 70-75 of market value. A typical quick house sale for cash can take place within 14 days of instructions and in some cases as quick as 5 working days.
- Sell your house via auction - you can contact your local property auctioneer and even online auction sites and request that you wish to sell your property fast to hungry investors. There's absolutely no guarantee that your property will sell and auctioneer will significantly undervalue your property to "attract" interest from property investor - for example a typical 100K property will be advertised for sale in region of 65K as guide price. There are also insertion fees involved and final sale price at fall hammer. If they do find you a property buyer, you will complete within 28 days and sometimes you can request completion within 14 days. This is not ideal if you're facing repossession and timescales are against you to sell your home fast because you will be waiting for auction date which could be a few months away. During the school summer holidays, most investors will be abroad between July and September so be careful not to list your property during these periods when it will not attract any property investors.
- Sell house and rent back - this could be a solution if you need a discrete sale to put an end to stopping repossession - selling your house discretely and privately at terms you can afford to pay back a rent to an FSA regulated intermediary like ours may be well be the solution.
- Put your house on open market with an estate agent - once you have received a realistic and fair valuation from an agent, you have to place all your trust in them to sell your property fast. If you need to sell your home quickly you might need to spend some money redecorating the property and bringing it to modern standards.
Beware of amateur property investors
Having evaluated your options you may be thinking what should I do if I need to sell my home fast with someone I can actually trust? Where do I find a reputable, reliable buyer who can buy my house fast? Do you really want to trust a "buyer" who has just attended a property course?
It's unfortunate that people you will deal with about selling your house will ultimately benefit from your decision to sell your home fast. If you advertise your home with a low asking price then a potential buyer will get a fantastic discount against its true market value.
Other the other hand, an estate agent will probably over value your property to win your business rather than being realistic and therefore, you may consider selling your home for cash at discount to a property investment company.
If you need to sell house quickly, often you could be confused under pressure, not knowing what to do next. So how can you avoid all the stress if you need sell your home fast?
- Carry out detailed research about how much properties sold for recently in your area. You can find plenty of useful information on Rightmove and Zoopla.
- Ask the experts - contrary to popular belief your estate agents are not property expert as they only allowed to give their opinion rather than professional advice which can only be obtain by a RICS surveyor. Contact your local RICS surveyor to establish how quickly houses are selling in the area and to give you an idea.
Sell My House Fast Chesapeake!
Kris Krohn with REITV, and you've asked it! We've got the answer.
What do you do TODAY if your house your trying to sell is NOT selling?? "My house isn't selling! What should I do?!" Drop the price! Listen, I know that that may not be what you wanna hear, but it is one of your options.
There's a chance that youmight be thinking that your house is worth more than the market is telling you that itis.
There's a chance that you got advice.
Listen, it happens in the world of real estate.
We take our best guess and I'll go to my experts and I'll say "What should we list this at?".
And you know what? Often, they're right on the money.
Sometimes, they're low, and sometimes were too high.
And if that's the case, then you need to live within reality because it doesn't matter what YOU think it's worth.
I don't care how much money you put into the landscaping of the yard or how much you've put into repairs, a $50,000 yard does notmean that the house is worth $50,000 more.
In fact, very minimal repairs actually gointo increasing the value of a home.
So, the most important thing here is to first, make sure that you operate inside of reality and the market - the people that live in your area, they're gonna tell you what's real.
Your second option is actually doing a lease option.
Lease option is where it doesn't make sense for you to actually sell your housein the market and yet maybe you still want to move.
So what can you do? Well, you can collect the down payment with the seller financing option.
A family maybe gives you a 3, 5, $7000 of a down payment saying "We'd like to move in to this house and we'll cover the payment".
And depending on how your mortgage is structured, you could get BOTH a down payment in the thousands of dollars and you could collect a positivecash flow on that property.
And that also is another way to say 'Hey,if the market isn't going to allow me to sell my house for what I need, then this is anexcellent strategy for holding on to it longer until it WILL SELL and MAKE MONEY.
But in the meantime, I can still move on with my life if I have to leave the state or takea new job or simply move into a different house.
If you liked this video, we have a lot morecoming your way, but you GOTTA hit that Subscribe video so we can make sure you know about every one of them.
Thanks so much! We'll see you next week!.
- Cash for Home Fast in Virginia (757) 750-0200
- Cash for Home Fast in Chesapeake (757) 750-0200
- Sell My House Fast in Virginia Beach (757) 750-0200
- Buy House Fast in Newport News (757) 750-0200
- Cash for Home Fast in Hampton (757) 750-0200
- Sell My House Fast for Cash in Belvidere (757) 750-0200
- Sell My House Fast for Cash in Selwin (757) 750-0200
- Cash for Home Fast in Gatesville (757) 750-0200
- Sell House Fast in Sunbury (757) 750-0200
- Sell My House Fast for Cash in Drum Hill (757) 750-0200
- Cash for Home Fast in Corapeake (757) 750-0200
- Sell House Fast in Moyock (757) 750-0200
- Buy House Fast in Norfolk (757) 750-0200
- Buy House Fast in Williamsburg (757) 750-0200
- Cash for Home Fast in Portsmouth (757) 750-0200
109-G, Gainsborough Square #712
Chesapeake, VA 23320