How Do I REALLY Sell My House Fast in Chesapeake?
Today we’re gonna talk about the absolute best time to sell a house.
So when is the best time to sell a property?
Well, the truth is it depends.
If you bought it the right way, then anytime should be the right time.
However, will there be times in the market that are more advantageous than others? Try this one for a minute: Consumers and investors usually follow separate and opposite tracks.
So when all the consumers are buying up real estate, do you know what investors are typically doing? That’s when they’re selling! When everyone is in this buyer’s market, that’s when you can usually sell for the highest price and that’s when investors wanna trade into different properties.
Do I Have To Pay Capital Gains When I Sell My House in Chesapeake?
But the opposite is also true.
When all of the consumers are dumping and saying “The sky is falling and it’s the worst investment that we saw in ’07 and 2008 and 9 and 10!”.
What were investors like me doing? We’re buying up everything like crazy! WarrenBuffett – he had his own hedge fund at the time.
He was buying 30.
40,000 homes per-year into the markets that actually were totally decimated.
So, best time to sell a home is really at the market high before it falls out is when you’re going to really cash in on top dollar.
But if your strategy requires that, then you may have in fact, the WRONG strategy.
Because if the market is ever turning and moving it away that it’s not advantageous for you, you should be able to continue holding that home, cash flowing it, and continuing to make money on it.
If you are not sure about how quick your house might sell, you may be wondering how soon I can sell my house fast. I'm sure you will come across people who have struggled to pay their bills, credit card payments, and some people need to remortgage their property to fund a business venture or pay off loans to ease financial burden.
Up to 2008 most people considered their homes to be assets regrettably this was turned out not to be the case when property prices went south. For homes they bought in 2007 could be bought in 2008 for at least 15% cheaper and therefore, these homeowners owed more on the mortgage than what their house was worth on open market. Great news, is that we can help you buy your property fast even if you're facing negative equity!
So what do you do if you're facing negative equity and perhaps thinking of handing keys back to the bank? There are many quick house buying companies out there who claim to promise you the earth but when it comes to buying your home fast, they will refer to your their partner i.e. people who will pay them to buy your details. This is not a good idea and we feel it is unethical practice to give vulnerable sellers a false sense of security. But, what options are available if I need to sell my home fast and move on hassle free?
I need to sell my house fast - what steps should I consider?
- Selling your house for cash could be the answer to releasing all the equity that is tied up in your home in return for a guaranteed cash payment. But the best offer you can expect will vary from 70-75 of market value. A typical quick house sale for cash can take place within 14 days of instructions and in some cases as quick as 5 working days.
- Sell your house via auction - you can contact your local property auctioneer and even online auction sites and request that you wish to sell your property fast to hungry investors. There's absolutely no guarantee that your property will sell and auctioneer will significantly undervalue your property to "attract" interest from property investor - for example a typical 100K property will be advertised for sale in region of 65K as guide price. There are also insertion fees involved and final sale price at fall hammer. If they do find you a property buyer, you will complete within 28 days and sometimes you can request completion within 14 days. This is not ideal if you're facing repossession and timescales are against you to sell your home fast because you will be waiting for auction date which could be a few months away. During the school summer holidays, most investors will be abroad between July and September so be careful not to list your property during these periods when it will not attract any property investors.
- Sell house and rent back - this could be a solution if you need a discrete sale to put an end to stopping repossession - selling your house discretely and privately at terms you can afford to pay back a rent to an FSA regulated intermediary like ours may be well be the solution.
- Put your house on open market with an estate agent - once you have received a realistic and fair valuation from an agent, you have to place all your trust in them to sell your property fast. If you need to sell your home quickly you might need to spend some money redecorating the property and bringing it to modern standards.
Beware of amateur property investors
Having evaluated your options you may be thinking what should I do if I need to sell my home fast with someone I can actually trust? Where do I find a reputable, reliable buyer who can buy my house fast? Do you really want to trust a "buyer" who has just attended a property course?
It's unfortunate that people you will deal with about selling your house will ultimately benefit from your decision to sell your home fast. If you advertise your home with a low asking price then a potential buyer will get a fantastic discount against its true market value.
Other the other hand, an estate agent will probably over value your property to win your business rather than being realistic and therefore, you may consider selling your home for cash at discount to a property investment company.
If you need to sell house quickly, often you could be confused under pressure, not knowing what to do next. So how can you avoid all the stress if you need sell your home fast?
- Carry out detailed research about how much properties sold for recently in your area. You can find plenty of useful information on Rightmove and Zoopla.
- Ask the experts - contrary to popular belief your estate agents are not property expert as they only allowed to give their opinion rather than professional advice which can only be obtain by a RICS surveyor. Contact your local RICS surveyor to establish how quickly houses are selling in the area and to give you an idea.
This is one of the reasons why one of my many rules in real estate is that I buy below the median.
Why do I do that on my short-term buy and holds? Because if the market ever turns AGAINST me, I’m gonna keep on cash flowing that property and those lower-priced homes – they don’t lose value like a million ora half a million dollar home does.
So Warren Buffett has this principle, right?He calls it the margin of risk.
And really when you talk about the best time to sella house, I wanna draw attention to how Warren Buffett has become a billionaire and the, one of the greatest philanthropist of our day and age; all based on a very simple principle you may have heard called Buy Low, Sell High, okay?
Warren is a really great example if you read his book Snowball, of an individual that really live his principles. He must have understood VirginiaInvesting.com!
He says if you wanna reduce your risk, you gotta increase your margin of profitability.
So it’s real simple:If you buy a house as an investor, you buy it with a lot of equity ’cause if you do, whether it’s the wrong or right time to sell, you can sell profitably! Understanding this principle is key for this next part: If you buy the right house, you can sell it anytime for great profit.
I’ve got an example here of the house that I’ve just recently sold.
This is a house that I sold and purchased in ’05 and sold in 2015.
So I’ve held onto this house for 10 years and here’s some background on this house: I actually leveraged a partner’s money and a partner’s credit to buy this house.
So how much money was I into this deal? I wasn’t in it at all.
And I used my staff and my team and we basically lined it up.
Now I have here the HUD.
This is actually the closing documents on selling this house where I received as you can see here a $38,986check.
But here’s the summary on this spread that I wanna point out.
I purchased this house in 2005 and we bought it for $109,000 and a down payment of 10% was $1,069.
My expenses over the life of holding this was 70,000 but my income was a 107.
What’s the difference? Roughly $37,000 that we got to make in cash flow and to down payments, deposits, along the way.
Then when we sold the house, we collected a check for $28,000 that me and my partner got to split afterI paid back my partner the $9,000 that he put in.
So he put in the money, he got paid back.
So basically there’s 28,000 of profits to split, there’s 37,000 that was made along the way, 37 and 28 is roughly $65,000, okay? So this tiny little house – 4 bedroom, 1 and a half bath, did a good job taking care of me.
Now let’s just for a moment take a look at the ROI.
I could’ve sold this house at any time but why did I sell it now? Well, it’s been a cash cow.
The little bit out, how do I know it’s a cash cow? For a moment, take a look at the ROI! We put in $9,000 but look at what we got out? $65,000! That’s a 720%increase.
Now, divide that over holding the home for10 years and that is 72% a year on your money.
Now, my business partner and I made 72% a year based on whose money? His money! He’s.
he and I get to split the ROI 36% each.
But let me ask you, if I put no money in, what is my real net ROI? It’s infinite! Think about it.
I didn’t put anything in, but I got all of that money coming back out to me.
So this is an example of ‘I could’ve sold this house at any time.
It’s been cash flow cowing.
Why did I really sell it?’.
Because the market was right! What do you do when the market’s wrong? Just keep making money and keep cash flowing! When you do real estate the right way, it can always be a great time to buy, hold, or sell.
which is why I love short-term buy and hold strategies ’cause I get to make my money along the way.
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s video on the best time to sell your house.
Put some comments below! We’d love to respond and give you the help that you need as we work on turning you into a brilliant, bright, and successful real estate investor.Kevin MartinBlockedUnblockFollowFollowingJun 20, 2017
Do you need to sell your house fast? You are at the right place. We buy houses Pismo Beach CA fast for cash.