I want to sell my house in Chesapeake – so where do I start? Well let’s get into this topic so you can sell your house as quickly as possible.
So I want to sell my house – where do I start? Perhaps a new addition to the family, you need another room, maybe the kids have gone off to university and it’s time to begin to downsize.
Well as these changes have come about in your life and you’re considering the next step, the first step you need to take is to make sure you get a good realtor to help you in this process with selling a house fast in Chesapeake.
There are a number of ways you can go selling a home.
One way is you can ask a friend or a family member that has dealt with a realtor recently and go with a referral like this, another way is just to call a few of them and interview them and just see if there’s a good connection between you all, but whatever you decide and however you go about this process, it is important that the realtor you find is a realtor who can aggressively market your home.
How to Sell Your House for More Than It’s Worth
Now you can put it on an MLS which is a multi listing service, your Realtor will help you do that, that’s not a problem.
We will all do that and just wait for the right kind of traffic to come across this and there you go, you’ll find somebody that may be willing to put down what you want or enter into negotiation for that house that you’re going to sell fast in Chesapeake.
But if you find a realtor who does more than this, a realtor who aggressively markets the house with various forms of media, that house is going to sell, and it’s going to be at the top of the pile and getting more traffic than homes that are just listed and using the old school method just waiting for traffic to go by and hopefully you’ll find somebody who will match up with the property well.
Sell Your House in 5 Days!
So choose wisely, make sure that you have a realtor who can do good marketing for your home.
So once you find your realtor it’s important to spend some time to speak to your realtor about your home and how you can better present that home.
You know today many people watch real estate programs on HGTV and various other stations and of course their expectations as a result are very very high. It’s ok that you want to sell my home as is in Chesapeake.
Talking about Model Homes and Selling Your Home Fast
Also many go to new builds and in those new build sites they have model homes and these homes are done immaculately so obviously their expectations are very very high.
But if you take the time to just walk through your home with your realtor, this can be very helpful. You’re almost ready to Sell Your House Fast!
If you do an assessment room by room you’ll know exactly what to take care of and this doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll have to break the bank in order to do expensive remodeling or expensive staging of your home.
Just taking a little bit of time to take care of this in a good way with your realtor can make all the world of difference and get that home sold right away in Chesapeake!
In the description to this video you’ll find a link to our PDF on ‘How to Prepare Your Home for a Successful Sale’, this will really help you with this step.
Remember, it’s very difficult to change a first impression.
One of the most important things to get right is the pricing because you have to know that you can Sell My House Fast in Chesapeake or any area in Virginia.
Pricing your home right will determine whether or not it is sold quickly or it sits on the market.
- [Announcer] Welcometo Homebuyer's School brought to you by Brookfield Residential.
- Hi everyone, andwelcome to another episode of Homebuyer's school.
Today I'm joined by Kevin French with ReMax Realty and thequestion we're going to answer is can I sell my home without a realtor? So Kevin, obviously you're a realtor.
Maybe a little biased answer but is it possible to sell your home without a realtor? - Absolutely.
It's typically better to do that in a seller's market,instead of a buyer's.
Currently we're in a buyer's market so the advantages weighingon the buyer's side, it's much more difficult to sell so if you're not aware of how to properly market your property, price the property, then those things are going to work againstyou, especially right now more than ever.
- I guess you need asmany resources as you can to help you sell your home.
- Okay and if I were totake that route though, if I wanted to sell the house on my own, what are some of the steps Iwould do to accomplish that? - So there's multiple site,obviously you can find things such as Kijiji or Forsalebyowner and you can list it on those, or you can look for assistance through Property Guys, ComFree.
Property Guys is a private system.
Your property wouldn'tbe on the MLS system but most people are aware that it exists so they can search thereif they are looking for a property.
And then with the ComFree option, the property would be on MLS so you take a package that they offer, and then you would listthe property with them.
They would coordinatea portion of the things for you and then it would be on the MLS and then you would help with the showings and organize all that, deal directly with whoever'slooking to purchase, whether it's a realtoror a single individual.
And then once an offer is received, then that would be part on the owner, who's selling the property themselves to set a price they are comfortable with but they would have a bit of assistance from ComFree.
- Okay, but you're takingcare of everything though.
Like booking those appointments or people calling youto say hey, I want to come visit your home.
- Making sure the home is show ready.
Making sure that it's showingin the best possible way.
Making sure that you'retaking care of everything that you want to make surethat you're taking care of.
Those little small detailsmake the biggest difference.
The biggest thing thatneeds to be considered is pricing.
I often list a property,I go in and let's say the property is worth499,900 and the person happened to have purchasedit in peak market in 2014, so they owe 520.
So now all of a suddenthey want to list for 549.
So they tell me if I list at 549, then we'll negotiate down to540 and then after the fees we'll be somewhere in the ballpark of paying it off.
Well that doesn't change market value.
So you can't really do that.
So what happens when you leave the sale in the hands of the person trying to sell the property and they're trying to do it on their own,they may take that route where they're trying to look for, well what are the expensesthat I need to cover and then that's what we'll price the home which has nothing to do with market value.
- So you're saying you mightleave some money off the table? - Well, the property, if you do that, if you overprice it, it's just going to sit on the market longerand then it's going to become stigmatized and then when it does actually sell, which might be years later or you might choose to list with anagent shortly after, being unsuccessful trying it on your own, then the property would sell at fair market valuebut now people are going to see that in the history.
It sat on the market for three months, or it sat on the marketfor a year, who knows? - When it could have sold-- - When it could have sold much sooner and probably for more money.
- Anything else to add? - No.
- Awesome, well thank you very much Kevin.
That's it for our show today.
Thank you very much for joining us and we'll catch you next time.
- [Announcer] That's another edition of Homebuyer's School.
Tune in next time for moreexpert tips and tricks and visit homebuyersschool.
Ca to bring you one step closer to finding your dream home.
As with everything, it would be great if you like and share our videos.
Also, please let us know if you have any home buying questionsyou want us to answer.
The pricing of your home must reflect the true market value.
You know today many people have access to a lot of applications that help them see what’s on the market in a particular area, to know the homes that are there and what they’re being sold for, so it’s important that you do a little homework yourself, get informed of the market area where your home is located, find out how much the homes are being sold for in that area, but most importantly here is where you’re agent, your Realtor is so important in helping you get Cash for Home Fast.
You know yourRealtor is very informed of the market area, I mean this is what they do for a living day to day, they will be able to get the home priced right.We Buy Houses at Fair PriceBlockedUnblockFollowFollowingDec 1, 2017
Address: 1920 W. Commonwealth Ave, #2091, Fullerton, CA 92837, United States
About the Business:
We Buy Houses Anywhere In Santa Ana And Other Parts of CA, And At Any Price. We’re Ready To Give You A Fair Offer For Your House | Houses With Land For Sale. If you want to sell your Santa Ana house… we’re ready to give you a fair all-cash offer.
Categories: property, real estate, home buy, home sale, property sale, Buy Houses
Keywords: Sell house quickly, We buy houses fast, Sell my house online2, Sell my house now, how to sell a house quickly3, Sell my house today, sell my property fast, How to sell my house quickly, Houses with land for sale in Santa Ana, We buy houses in ANY CONDITION in CA, Sell My House Fast In Santa Ana, We Buy Houses Anywhere In Santa Ana, Do You Need To Sell Your House in Santa Ana
How to Sell Your House for More Than It’s Worth
That price will reflect the true market value
If your home is sitting way too long on the market, what’s going to happen is that a prospective buyer is going to start to think, hey what’s wrong with this house, why isn’t it selling and these questions are going to really cause traffic to diminish. It’s tough to simply want to Sell My House Fast and expect to have eager buyers wanting to pay Cash for Home Fast too.
Research shows that between the third and sixth week of the marketing process that’s when the most potential buyers are attracted, so it is important that, first your home has the right pricing and second that there is good aggressive marketing behind it.
You want to maximize traffic that’s going to view your home, draw them in to visit the home and put an offer on that home.
As I mentioned earlier, the visual presentation of your home is very very important.
You know first impressions are very very hard to undo so you always want to create the best possible first impression.
For this reason I don’t recommend that you do mobile phone pictures.
Get a realtor who is going todo professional quality pictures.
You know today on search engines when people are looking at multi listing services and they’re viewing the pictures, usually when a picture is presented if it’s of poor quality they’re probably only going to view the first few pictures and they’re gonna move on to the next property, and this is something you don’t want to happen to your property.
Getting good quality pictures will keep them glued to that screen and they can really consider your house the way it should be considered, and actually today even video production is a very important part of the marketing process, so if your realtor is able to produce a video for you, this is ideal.
You know this will really maximize the amount of eyes that will be looking at your property and considering it for the next purchase.
When it comes to marketing your home, gone are the old days of sitting in the backseat of your real estate agents car or following along behind and looking at multi homes.
Today the Internet has changed the whole experience for good.
Today people are on multi listing services, they are also watching videos that are aggressively being marketed through social media, so it is important that you’re estate agent, your Realtor is up-to-date with all the modern modes of marketing, so make sure you make this one of your criteria in choosing your real estate agent.
That way the right kind of marketing will be put forth and experience maximum exposure of your home and really entice those buyers to come and put an offer on your home and get it sold quickly.
If you found this video helpful, please subscribe, we’d love to have you on board with us, we have a lot of helpful videos coming out that will have information that you’ll find useful whether you’re a buyer or you’re interested in selling property.
Also share this with a friend and leave a comment in the comment section, also if you’d like to call me, call me at the number that you see below, I’d love to hear from you and talk property with you, also remember that there is a PDF thereon ‘How to Prepare Your Home for a Successful Sale’, anyway, until next time, all the best!.
Sell My House Fast For Cash – Can I Do That in Chesapeake?
Love is one of those human emotions that are as vital as air and water. It has been behind the biggest feats – and biggest atrocities – of humankind. Love is everywhere and in everything humans are involved in, so, what are the similarities, intersections, and relationships between Love and Real Estate?
That’s what we are going to figure out with this article. Shall we?
First impressions matter
Like with love and dating, while it’s not definitive, first impressions do matter in real estate. A house with no home staging, completely uncared for, will not impress home buyers. A poorly put together real estate agent ad, website or a poorly presented in-person real estate agent will not impress home sellers and home buyers either. On the contrary, it will make them shy away from you or the house.
You’re not physically getting into bed with your clients and buyers, but you are metaphorical. So you need to present yourself and what you have to offer with confidence. One will truly love the other only if they see in their eyes a spark of self-love. That’s what people really fall in love with. Pity is not love, and that’s what home buyers feel when they walk into a home with an uncared-for garden entryway in desperate need of care. And worst: if they do make an offer, chances are it’s the opposite of love; indifference to you and your desires of selling for the highest you can. They are probably trying to buy it on the real low, put some of their love to the home so they can sell it for much more. So, in other words, its all about self-love, really. Love yourself and your house and increase your home value with these home improvement ideas.
Loyalty is important
The majority of our society is strictly monogamist when it comes to love relationships, and the same should apply to real estate. We’re not saying real estate agents should have just one client at a time, but they should treat them as if they were the only one, with the care, attention, and respect they deserve.
And regarding home buyers or home sellers avoid dual listings as much as you can. Yes, we know it’s okay if the real estate agent comes clean with both the lovers—I mean, clients! But you know what? Go back to the first topic. Love yourself! A dual agency will keep your real estate agent from fully focusing on his fiduciary duties to you. But also, don’t go out selling your home with a bunch of real estate agents, like in an Open Listing. It seems like a good idea, like a lot of people are out there selling your house and it will speed up the process, but you’re better served with one dedicated person trying to sell it because they know if they do they’ll get a commission. The reality is that in an open listing, only inexperienced real estate agents really spend their time marketing the home; most will have it at their backburner in case it perfectly matches a client’s taste.
Exes are forever
Just like in romantic relationships, it’s likely that an ex will, down the road, show up again in your life. And, like with love, that can be a good or a bad thing. That’s why, real estate agents, no matter how big their influence (or commission) will be, should always do their best, be the kindest and the most righteous they can. You don’t want the evil Ex returning, complaining about something you forgot to do, smearing your name all around your real estate market. You want the good Ex that will return because they want to sell the house and buy another one, and their experience with you was so good it’s part of the reason why they want to do it again.
No matter if it’s a fling (like someone just wanting to have more information about something real estate-related) or a long-term relationship (like someone who hired you to buy or sell a house with you) show them some love and courtesy.
There's no I in love
And neither in a real estate agent.
When you love someone, you give up a few of your needs in favor of your loved ones’. Which is great when they do the same in return. If they don’t; maybe rethink your relationship, ok? With real estate agents, it should be the same thing. Sure, they are relying on your experience to guide them through the home buying process, but please: this is not about you! Listen to your clients, become interested in understanding them and their needs before you come with your “my way or the highway” attitude. That’s one of the worst Real Estate Agent types there is. Every case is different, don’t try to simplify it for your own sake. Don’t be lazy. Your clients deserve your best efforts and doing exactly the same every time is not doing that.
Surprise x Routine
A balance between this too is very important in a romantic relationship. Humans long for the comfort of routine, but also get bored by it and crave for a little bit (not too much!) of surprise. That usually translates in unexpectedly bringing flowers home, going out to dinner from time to time, traveling to get some one-on-one time away in a different setting. For a real estate agent that means mixing up a little bit. Don’t be just the guy who calls or appears when there’s a showing/offer on the table. Call them even if nothing special is going on; let them know you’re thinking of them. Send an e-mail with something that you saw on the news or the internet that relates to them and their house. There are several websites out there that put out great content related to real estate; just like on our website RealEstateAgent.com. Be their curator!
But like we said, don’t overdo it either. Try to find the balance. You don’t want to bother them too much.
Communication is key
This is the most important aspect of a romantic relationship. If you don’t develop a clear communication with your loved one, it doesn’t matter how much you love them and how much they love you back… it will be a troubled, confusing relationship. Who wants that? Be very clear about your intentions and your way of working, learn to listen to your client; learn to understand even their non-verbal communication! If both of you are completely honest with each other, there will hardly be any disappointments.
May it be eternal while it lasts
Hey, sometimes everything started out great but something happened along the way and communication started getting bad and now you can’t understand or respect each other and it’s just… bad.
That’s ok. It happens. Dealing with unreasonable home buyers and home sellers is something every real estate agent goes through. And straight giving up is normal. No one should be ostracized for that. What is important is to realize it and set yourself and your client/loved one free. Reach out to the client and tell him or her that maybe it’s best to part ways. Don’t just say “hey, it’s not working, I’m out! Good luck!”. If you do, you’ll be the one responsible for them becoming an evil ex. Talk about how it’s not working for the both of them and you feel he/she will be better served with a fresh mind and point of view related to their house. You should even have recommendations of real estate agents you think could be a good fit, but remember they are free to do whatever they want.
Because in the end, the great lesson about love and real estate is a lesson of Freedom! No one is obligated to have you there by their side, as a lover or real estate agent. They are free to have or not have you. You need to prove your worth. Freedom is the only feeling humans long for more than love. For the truth is that only people who understand the concept of freedom can truly love. Only those who respect and adore freedom can understand and love another person’s spirit. So be free, let it be free and let love rule!
Best Way To Sell My House - Real Estate Agent, FSBO or Local Home Buyer?Adam Buys Houses CompanyBlockedUnblockFollowFollowingJul 24, 2017Avoid the wolves in sheep’s clothing.
You want to sell your house but are wondering how you know it’s one of those “we buy houses scams”.
Be aware of those we buy houses scams. This is a very important topic to cover. I wouldn’t feel like I’m doing sellers any justice as a real home buyer unless mentioned ways to avoid predatory scams in Denver Colorado. As the market here gets hotter and hotter, more and more people want to take advantage of the situation in a bad way.
Have those advertisements for people saying, ‘we buy houses’ caught your eye and made you question whether they are we buy houses scams? This is a very real concern for people considering this kind of service.
Trying to sell your house fast in Denver? Are you concerned that you might get taken advantage of or have the wool pulled over your eyes?
Join the club.
The traditional way to sell a house is using a real estate agent and having them list your house.
Maybe you would rather skip the hassles and sell to a Denver cash home buyer instead. Every year, thousands of people sell their homes directly to investors rather than listing with an agent. In fact, nationwide, 5.5% of home sales were to investors according to a report by RealtyTrac.
If you’ve never sold a home before or never sold one without the services of agent, it can be quit scary. It can seem downright overwhelming. Most people may be buying or selling a property a couple times in their lifetime.
I’m going to share some tips for you to make sure that who you are working with is a legitimate house buyer and not someone looking to scam you. By the end of this article, you’ll be armed with what you need to know to choose the right company to buy your house.
The Sniff Test For We Buy Houses Scams
There are a lot of legitimate house buyers in Denver, but there are also some people that are running we buy houses scams. It can be difficult to know which one you might be dealing with.
The stakes are high. People have lost lots of time, money and even their houses to scams run by people that don’t have any sort of moral compass.
It can be difficult to determine if who you are dealing with has your best interests at heart. Most of the time there are “tells” that will clue you in to their true intentions. These signs can mean you are caught in some of the we buy houses scams being used today.
The Three Most Important Things to Look Out For
- Upfront Money and Application Fees — If a house buyer wants you to pay them any kind of fees to evaluate your house, run away as fast you can. This person is likely a scammer. Honest home buying companies don’t make money charging application fees or asking for money. They make their money from buying houses, fixing them up and either renting or selling the house. I’ve had many sellers in the past even mention to me that they were told to put up the earnest money deposit to sell there house. Again, run fast if you’re ever asked to give any money.
- “Kitchen Table Closings” — If a buyer wants you to sign over the deed to your house anywhere other than a title company or attorney’s office, you’re likely going to be making a costly mistake. Any sale you have should happen at a title company so that you can make sure the paperwork is handled properly and all liens are taken care of. The sale must be recorded with the government to prove new ownership and the sale of the property. If the government must know that why would you sell in secrecy?Please do not mistake this for signing a contract to sell your house. A Purchase and Sale Agreement is the very first step in the process to selling your house. That can and probably will happen at your house. Just don’t sign any Warranty Deeds, Quitclaim Deeds without the services of a real estate attorney or title company.
- Too Much Information is Given — Phony bank statements and pre-approval letters for loans are given without being requested from untrustworthy real estate investors. These investors present these documents to make them appear legit but these documents can easily be faked. There is no reason for an investor to asks for driver license numbers, social security numbers or even your date of birth. The title company will be the only one asking for that for verification of owner on title. The only thing the home buyer should legitimately ask about is your situation and the condition of the property so they can find a solution to your problem with what you need and so they know how much they can pay for the home.This occurs a lot when the supposed “investor” lives in a different city than Denver Colorado and communicates almost entirely by email. I don’t know about you, but I’d rather work with somebody local that I can meet face to face. Just because they are not local doesn’t immediately make them a scammer, but I sure would rather know who I’m dealing with. With technology nowadays it should be difficult to make a phone call or use an app like FaceTime or Skype to communicate from a distance.
Scammers Don’t Always Look and Act Like Used Car-Salesmen
It’s not always easy to pick out who the scammer is in a crowd.
Sometimes it’s the overly nice person.
Sometimes it’s the straight and to-the-point always in a rush person.
Don’t let your guard down just because someone smooth talks you. You need to get the facts about who they are and what they can do for you.
We will discuss exactly what to ask for to determine whether you are dealing with the right kind of house buyer or not later in this article.
It may seem impossible to determine whether someone is genuine or running we buy houses scams…but it’s not.
One way is to trust your gut. If something doesn’t seem right…it probably isn’t and could be one of those we buy houses scams. It also could be someone having a bad day or simply just needs to use the restroom. Okay, all kidding aside it’s best to at least be aware of we buy houses scams and that’s the point.
Another way is to determine whether their actions match their words. Actions always speak louder than words and I’ve found them to be very telling about people.
If a Denver home buyer says he or she is going to meet you at your house at 2:00pm on Wednesday and they show up at 2:40pm.. they certainly don’t value your time or respect it.
If they walk through your house and tear it apart with harsh words about the house or your situation, you are probably dealing with someone that could care less about your feelings or what you get out of the deal.
Harsh words about your house are solely intended to force you to lower your opinion of the value of the house. This type of investor may as well be wearing a plaid suit and lots of gold chains.
A respectable and reputable real estate investor will always treat you with respect. They will show up on time and show empathy. When viewing houses, trustworthy house buyers will look for the positive aspects of the house as they know full well they will be making repairs and breathing new life into the home.
Other Not-so-obvious Semi-We buy houses scams
There are many other situations that I call ‘semi-scams’ to watch out for. These may not be illegal or full-blown we buy houses scams but are intended to take advantage of you and your situation.
It’s best to avoid these at all costs with we buy houses scams.
- Sub2 or Subject To Scams — Some investors use a strategy called ‘Subject To’ or Sub2 when using shorthand. This is where they buy your house from you “subject to” the existing mortgage. They will want you to deed them the house without paying off your mortgage.The biggest problem with this is that the mortgage is in your name and, if it goes unpaid, directly impacts your credit!It’s pretty easy to see why this type of deal is important to avoid. You would basically be trusting an almost complete stranger with your credit. No thanks!
- Conflict of Interest Scams — One I often hear about is a real estate agent not disclosing they are an agent and offering to buy the property. Only later to say they changed their mind and would rather list it. This goes against the NAR Code of Ethics 2016. What is happening is they are looking for a way to make money no matter what happens and are only looking out for their best interest. People should be absolutely clear on their intentions from the start. Too much wishy washy commitments usually means something is wrong.
- Short Sales Scams — Short sales are where a bank or mortgage company agrees to release their lien on your house in exchange for less than the principle balance of your loan. Typically, you have to pay off any principle balance and interest due for them to release the lien. When they agree to accept less, you are performing what is called a short sale.A short sale in and of itself is not a problem, it’s when this is attempted when it doesn’t make sense that causes a lot of problems for Denver Colorado homeowners.If you are behind on payments but have a lot of equity and a home that doesn’t need any major repairs, you might have an investor convince you to attempt a short sale.Short sales can drag on for months and the bank may wait until just before a foreclosure auction to deny it. Then what are you going to do? You won’t have time to sell it. It’s almost certain to be lost to foreclosure.Some careless investors don’t give you all the facts when they attempt a short sale on your house. You also need to be aware that even if the bank agrees to take less for the lien to be released, they could put a deficiency judgement on you for the amount the loan was shorted. You will probably also have to report the amount shorted as income which could cause your income tax owed to be a real problem for you.
How to Avoid These Potential Scams
Do your homework to avoid we buy houses scams.
With some quick research you can easily determine whether somebody has a history of doing what they say. You can also find out if they’ve been in business for a while which shows they are stable and worthy of your business.
Crooks rarely stay in business long and almost always have negative reviews.
- Check testimonials — Be sure to look for online reviews and testimonials for the house buying company you are considering. Any reputable business will have statements from previous customers that can attest to how they do business. You can read dozens of reviews from customers upon request from Adams Buys Houses. Take a look at them for an example of the types of things you will find for any honest business owner.
- Check the Better Business Bureau — The Better Business Bureau (known as the BBB) allows consumers to leave reviews and rate local businesses. You should only work with house buying companies that have a strong rating with the Better Business Bureau. If they don’t have a rating they may be new or not have an LLC yet but it’s still a great thing to look into.
- Make sure to close at a title company — There is so much legal talk in contracts and deed documents that you simply must have a title company or real estate attorney handle the closing.This is to ensure that everything is done properly.The last thing you want is for something to be done incorrectly that you have to deal with years down the road.You could even run into a situation where you are sued because something wasn’t handled properly.Title companies provide title insurance that will protect you from most of these problems. It’s definitely worth it.
- Don’t sign documents you don’t understand — This one seems to be common sense but is definitely not common practice. If you don’t understand something, don’t sign it.This is also where a good real estate attorney or title company can be worth their weight in gold. They should be able to break it down for you in layman’s terms so that you know what you are getting into.Great house buying companies will also take the time to clearly explain everything you are agreeing to in a way that makes sense to you. They are not in a rush and don’t sound confusing. If you find you are working with someone not willing to do that, don’t work with them. Find someone else that buys houses.
When selling a house fast to a local house buying company, you should be aware of the signs of potential we buy houses scams.
Armed with the knowledge from this article you are much better prepared to find a great house buyer for your house that will treat you with respect and do what they say they are going to do.
If you would like to get a fair cash offer for your Denver house, do not hesitate to give us a call at 303–558–5843. We would be glad to answer any questions you have and help you in any way we can whether you sell to us or not.