I want to sell my house in Norfolk – so where do I start? Well let’s get into this topic so you can sell your house as quickly as possible.
So I want to sell my house – where do I start? Perhaps a new addition to the family, you need another room, maybe the kids have gone off to university and it’s time to begin to downsize.
Well as these changes have come about in your life and you’re considering the next step, the first step you need to take is to make sure you get a good realtor to help you in this process with selling a house fast in Norfolk.
There are a number of ways you can go selling a home.
One way is you can ask a friend or a family member that has dealt with a realtor recently and go with a referral like this, another way is just to call a few of them and interview them and just see if there’s a good connection between you all, but whatever you decide and however you go about this process, it is important that the realtor you find is a realtor who can aggressively market your home.
How to sell your house without a real estate agent in Chesapeake VA
Now you can put it on an MLS which is a multi listing service, your Realtor will help you do that, that’s not a problem.
We will all do that and just wait for the right kind of traffic to come across this and there you go, you’ll find somebody that may be willing to put down what you want or enter into negotiation for that house that you’re going to sell fast in Norfolk.
But if you find a realtor who does more than this, a realtor who aggressively markets the house with various forms of media, that house is going to sell, and it’s going to be at the top of the pile and getting more traffic than homes that are just listed and using the old school method just waiting for traffic to go by and hopefully you’ll find somebody who will match up with the property well.
Sell My House Quickly - Is it Possible in Today's Down Market?
So choose wisely, make sure that you have a realtor who can do good marketing for your home.
So once you find your realtor it’s important to spend some time to speak to your realtor about your home and how you can better present that home.
You know today many people watch real estate programs on HGTV and various other stations and of course their expectations as a result are very very high. It’s ok that you want to sell my home as is in Norfolk.
Talking about Model Homes and Selling Your Home Fast
Also many go to new builds and in those new build sites they have model homes and these homes are done immaculately so obviously their expectations are very very high.
But if you take the time to just walk through your home with your realtor, this can be very helpful. You’re almost ready to Sell Your House Fast!
If you do an assessment room by room you’ll know exactly what to take care of and this doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll have to break the bank in order to do expensive remodeling or expensive staging of your home.
Just taking a little bit of time to take care of this in a good way with your realtor can make all the world of difference and get that home sold right away in Norfolk!
In the description to this video you’ll find a link to our PDF on ‘How to Prepare Your Home for a Successful Sale’, this will really help you with this step.
Can I Sell my House While my Divorce is Pending?
Remember, it’s very difficult to change a first impression.
One of the most important things to get right is the pricing because you have to know that you can Sell My House Fast in Chesapeake or any area in Virginia.
Pricing your home right will determine whether or not it is sold quickly or it sits on the market.
If you are not sure about how quick your house might sell, you may be wondering how soon I can sell my house fast. I'm sure you will come across people who have struggled to pay their bills, credit card payments, and some people need to remortgage their property to fund a business venture or pay off loans to ease financial burden.
Up to 2008 most people considered their homes to be assets regrettably this was turned out not to be the case when property prices went south. For homes they bought in 2007 could be bought in 2008 for at least 15% cheaper and therefore, these homeowners owed more on the mortgage than what their house was worth on open market. Great news, is that we can help you buy your property fast even if you're facing negative equity!
So what do you do if you're facing negative equity and perhaps thinking of handing keys back to the bank? There are many quick house buying companies out there who claim to promise you the earth but when it comes to buying your home fast, they will refer to your their partner i.e. people who will pay them to buy your details. This is not a good idea and we feel it is unethical practice to give vulnerable sellers a false sense of security. But, what options are available if I need to sell my home fast and move on hassle free?
I need to sell my house fast - what steps should I consider?
- Selling your house for cash could be the answer to releasing all the equity that is tied up in your home in return for a guaranteed cash payment. But the best offer you can expect will vary from 70-75 of market value. A typical quick house sale for cash can take place within 14 days of instructions and in some cases as quick as 5 working days.
- Sell your house via auction - you can contact your local property auctioneer and even online auction sites and request that you wish to sell your property fast to hungry investors. There's absolutely no guarantee that your property will sell and auctioneer will significantly undervalue your property to "attract" interest from property investor - for example a typical 100K property will be advertised for sale in region of 65K as guide price. There are also insertion fees involved and final sale price at fall hammer. If they do find you a property buyer, you will complete within 28 days and sometimes you can request completion within 14 days. This is not ideal if you're facing repossession and timescales are against you to sell your home fast because you will be waiting for auction date which could be a few months away. During the school summer holidays, most investors will be abroad between July and September so be careful not to list your property during these periods when it will not attract any property investors.
- Sell house and rent back - this could be a solution if you need a discrete sale to put an end to stopping repossession - selling your house discretely and privately at terms you can afford to pay back a rent to an FSA regulated intermediary like ours may be well be the solution.
- Put your house on open market with an estate agent - once you have received a realistic and fair valuation from an agent, you have to place all your trust in them to sell your property fast. If you need to sell your home quickly you might need to spend some money redecorating the property and bringing it to modern standards.
Beware of amateur property investors
Having evaluated your options you may be thinking what should I do if I need to sell my home fast with someone I can actually trust? Where do I find a reputable, reliable buyer who can buy my house fast? Do you really want to trust a "buyer" who has just attended a property course?
It's unfortunate that people you will deal with about selling your house will ultimately benefit from your decision to sell your home fast. If you advertise your home with a low asking price then a potential buyer will get a fantastic discount against its true market value.
Other the other hand, an estate agent will probably over value your property to win your business rather than being realistic and therefore, you may consider selling your home for cash at discount to a property investment company.
If you need to sell house quickly, often you could be confused under pressure, not knowing what to do next. So how can you avoid all the stress if you need sell your home fast?
- Carry out detailed research about how much properties sold for recently in your area. You can find plenty of useful information on Rightmove and Zoopla.
- Ask the experts - contrary to popular belief your estate agents are not property expert as they only allowed to give their opinion rather than professional advice which can only be obtain by a RICS surveyor. Contact your local RICS surveyor to establish how quickly houses are selling in the area and to give you an idea.
The pricing of your home must reflect the true market value.
You know today many people have access to a lot of applications that help them see what’s on the market in a particular area, to know the homes that are there and what they’re being sold for, so it’s important that you do a little homework yourself, get informed of the market area where your home is located, find out how much the homes are being sold for in that area, but most importantly here is where you’re agent, your Realtor is so important in helping you get Cash for Home Fast.
You know yourRealtor is very informed of the market area, I mean this is what they do for a living day to day, they will be able to get the home priced right.
If you have a house and need to sell it for some reason, it requires some thinking and planning effort. The most important task is to correctly value your house. This can be done with the help of an agent or evaluator. There are also some online facilities available for establishing the value of a property. You must take into consideration the mortgage payoff, taxes, and real estate agents' commissions before finalizing the worth of your house. Ensure again that it is neither under- nor overpriced.
The next task is to present your house to prospective buyers in a respectable condition. For this you could get the help of a professional home inspector, who could recommend what improvements are needed before you put the house up for sale. The exteriors of the house should be attractive and well-maintained. The outside areas should be neat and clean. It is a good idea to touch up the interiors wherever they are damaged. It will be helpful to replace any bathroom and kitchen fittings if they are worn out or leaking.
At this point, you are ready to put out advertisements and flyers or even contact agents to sell the house. You should allow the prospective buyers to come and see the house at their convenience. If you can be available to show the house, chances are it would sell faster. Before buyers come to visit, ensure that there are no bad smells in your house, there is proper lighting at all places, all pets are under control and the house has a neat and tidy look.
Once there is a buyer who agrees to purchase your house, you need to bring your attorney forward to handle legalities and paperwork. They can handle the title search and paperwork for a small fee. And then you must prepare to vacate your house as per the agreement. More often than not, it is an emotional moment, and one should be mentally prepared for this eventual separation.
Selling a house is a crucial task. Sometimes, owners do not like to involve agents, but prefer to sell the house themselves. For this you must have information on all aspects of selling and agreements between buyers and sellers. This way you could save a few thousand dollars in commission. On the other hand, if you are not very conversant with negotiation, you may strike a low paying deal. And even the paperwork and legal formalities become your responsibility. So if you feel you are not up to it, it is better to hire a reputable real estate agent to do the job for you.
How To Sell Your House Fast in Virginia - Why Is My House Not Selling?
That price will reflect the true market value
If your home is sitting way too long on the market, what’s going to happen is that a prospective buyer is going to start to think, hey what’s wrong with this house, why isn’t it selling and these questions are going to really cause traffic to diminish. It’s tough to simply want to Sell My House Fast and expect to have eager buyers wanting to pay Cash for Home Fast too.
Research shows that between the third and sixth week of the marketing process that’s when the most potential buyers are attracted, so it is important that, first your home has the right pricing and second that there is good aggressive marketing behind it.
You want to maximize traffic that’s going to view your home, draw them in to visit the home and put an offer on that home.
As I mentioned earlier, the visual presentation of your home is very very important.
You know first impressions are very very hard to undo so you always want to create the best possible first impression.
For this reason I don’t recommend that you do mobile phone pictures.
Get a realtor who is going todo professional quality pictures.
You know today on search engines when people are looking at multi listing services and they’re viewing the pictures, usually when a picture is presented if it’s of poor quality they’re probably only going to view the first few pictures and they’re gonna move on to the next property, and this is something you don’t want to happen to your property.
Getting good quality pictures will keep them glued to that screen and they can really consider your house the way it should be considered, and actually today even video production is a very important part of the marketing process, so if your realtor is able to produce a video for you, this is ideal.
You know this will really maximize the amount of eyes that will be looking at your property and considering it for the next purchase.
When it comes to marketing your home, gone are the old days of sitting in the backseat of your real estate agents car or following along behind and looking at multi homes.
Today the Internet has changed the whole experience for good.
Today people are on multi listing services, they are also watching videos that are aggressively being marketed through social media, so it is important that you’re estate agent, your Realtor is up-to-date with all the modern modes of marketing, so make sure you make this one of your criteria in choosing your real estate agent.
That way the right kind of marketing will be put forth and experience maximum exposure of your home and really entice those buyers to come and put an offer on your home and get it sold quickly.
If you found this video helpful, please subscribe, we’d love to have you on board with us, we have a lot of helpful videos coming out that will have information that you’ll find useful whether you’re a buyer or you’re interested in selling property.
Also share this with a friend and leave a comment in the comment section, also if you’d like to call me, call me at the number that you see below, I’d love to hear from you and talk property with you, also remember that there is a PDF thereon ‘How to Prepare Your Home for a Successful Sale’, anyway, until next time, all the best!.
Sell My House Fast For Cash – Can I Do That in Norfolk?
Key Things Millennial Home Buyers Must Know
Millennials are a group of individuals born in the 1980s and 1990s and are within the ages of 18 and 36. Also known as generation Y, many are sidelined by tight credit, high student loan debts, and low paying jobs. In fact, until the past few years, these have been the key reasons they were slow to enter the real estate market. Now, they make up well over 30% of new home buyers and that trend should continue going up as they start to mature and pay off existing debt.
Compared to previous generations, such as baby boomers or the silent generation, these younger individuals have a different outlook when it comes to long-term investment, especially owning a home. One thing you can bank on is that Millennials know what they want in a home!
Read on to learn more about millennial home buyers, key characteristics of this generation, as well as a look at their attitude towards real estate investment. If you happen to be a millennial, you will learn how easily it really is to prepare and become a homeowner.
Characteristics of Millennial Home Buyers
These characteristics will help you understand the millennial demographic and tip you off if you are unsure if you are one (between the ages of 18 and 36)....
- 66 percent of millennial home buyers are first time home buyers
- Their median income is approximately $82,000 per year
- 66 percent of these buyers are married couples
- 50 percent of these buyers say that the main reason for buying a house is the desire to own a home
- 20 percent of them previously lived with their parents, relatives, or friends
- 24 percent of them owned a previous residence
- 56 percent of them rented a house or an apartment
Millennial Home Buyers Attitudes Towards Real Estate Investment
- Many millennials want to own homes or invest in real estate. In one of the studies conducted by the National Journal Heartland Monitor, 69 percent of the younger generation in the U.S. generally regard home ownership or real estate investment as a smart and achievable goal.
- Some millennials are scared to own a home because of the upfront costs they are facing. As homes go up in price, so do the costs associated with owning those homes. However, it is not just higher prices that may be putting some of this generation off. The thought of settling in a new place or living in different circumstances also sounds unattractive. Some, therefore, find renting an attractive option because of its affordability and flexibility.
- About 20 percent of the respondents in the U.S. feel that although owning a home is a smart move, this decision is not financially viable for them right now. Of the respondents, there are more minorities who feel their finances probably would not enable them buy a home. All millennial buyers have options so check with a local lender before writing homeownership off as a distant dream.
- Because some millennials are hesitant on home buying or real estate investing, they will continue to rent houses and apartments until their situation changes and they are more comfortable. As their needs change, rent prices will creep up, which will force many to purchase a house. In fact, according to a new study conducted by Choice Home Warranty, 30 percent of millennials plan to buy a house in 5 years’ time.
In a nutshell, whatever challenges you may be facing, buying a home as a millennial is a smart and achievable goal. If it is money that is preventing you from achieving this goal, you need to come up with a strict financial saving plan or find a way to acquire the funds as a gift from a family member. As you would expect, there are always financial institutions that are ready to help millennials get mortgage loans, even those with less than desirable credit scores.
How to Meet Your Home Ownership Needs
- First, you must understand the type of house you want to buy. According to a new study conducted by the National Association of Home Builders, most millennials tend to invest their money in homes that are older, smaller and less expensive. The main reason for this is that many millennials have not accumulated enough wealth to purchase new, bigger or expensive homes.
- You must also figure out things you want in the home. These are basically the things that drive you to buy a home to begin with. According to a survey conducted by Metrostudy, a Houston based national housing research firm, millennial buyers are looking for small but high-quality homes, especially in the suburbs. Some of them also look for homes with flexible space to entertain family and friends rather than larger properties to keep all their "stuff".
- You must know where to find your preferred home. With many agents posting listings on their websites, and via social media, it is very easy for millennials to find what they want before they even view the first property. Because many use their smartphone for home searches, they can quickly and easily search for new listings, get more information about the available inventory, and find details about the owner/home long before they contact a local real estate agent for assistance.
There are many real estate options for millennials right now and this definitely includes their ability to purchase a home. Now that many are settling down and having families, the appeal to own their own home is a strong pull. That is why agents need to market to this demographic. Those that do will benefit from dealing with savvy and knowledgeable consumers who know what they want and have a plan to make it happen.
How to sell your house without a real estate agent in Chesapeake VAChristopher A CobleBlockedUnblockFollowFollowingMar 6sell your house fast
Want to sell your house quickly? Need fast cash for your house? Selling your house quickly for cash can be a difficult task. Do you have to list a realtor? Try to sell “by owner for sale?” What are the signs for “we buy houses?” What’s my best option to quickly sell my home? Let’s look at every possible solution for selling your home quickly for cash. Maybe selling a Realtor isn’t for you. You can always try to sell your house “to be sold by the owner.” Selling “to be sold by the owner” is for the people.
You’re up for the task? Let’s just review what this entails.You will have to do a lot of marketing: register in and around your yard, update and maintain advertisements on multiple websites, pay for advertisements in the local newspaper, take hundreds of photos, and the list goes on and on. Showing your house to outsiders can be quite stressful.
Many are just our neighbors who want to see what other homes look like in their community. How are you going to weed the crowd of serious buyers? There are still obstacles to the closure. If the purchaser receives a loan, all assessments and inspections apply as if you were listed with a Realtor. Is all stress and headaches worth this process? A third alternative is also available.sell your house fast
You can sell your home to a professional property investor quickly. Did you ever see signs on the side of the road that “we buy houses? “ Typically, these signs are placed by real estate investors.
When you sell your house to a real estate investor, you can quickly sell your house for cash and leave your heads behind. Investors make you an offer in cash. Since investors offer a simple, trouble- free solution to sell your house quickly, they only buy houses for cash if the seller offers a discount on the purchase price.
There are many advantages of accepting this proposal. You may also be successful in learning about your desire to sell through social media sites.
Many real estate companies use YouTube videos, Pinterest groups and blogs to obtain and market potential buyer lists. Facebook is another potential site to help you get the word you’re selling out.