I want to sell my house in Williamsburg – so where do I start? Well let’s get into this topic so you can sell your house as quickly as possible.
So I want to sell my house – where do I start? Perhaps a new addition to the family, you need another room, maybe the kids have gone off to university and it’s time to begin to downsize.
Well as these changes have come about in your life and you’re considering the next step, the first step you need to take is to make sure you get a good realtor to help you in this process with selling a house fast in Williamsburg.
There are a number of ways you can go selling a home.
One way is you can ask a friend or a family member that has dealt with a realtor recently and go with a referral like this, another way is just to call a few of them and interview them and just see if there’s a good connection between you all, but whatever you decide and however you go about this process, it is important that the realtor you find is a realtor who can aggressively market your home.
Sell My House Fast Chesapeake!
Now you can put it on an MLS which is a multi listing service, your Realtor will help you do that, that’s not a problem.
We will all do that and just wait for the right kind of traffic to come across this and there you go, you’ll find somebody that may be willing to put down what you want or enter into negotiation for that house that you’re going to sell fast in Williamsburg.
But if you find a realtor who does more than this, a realtor who aggressively markets the house with various forms of media, that house is going to sell, and it’s going to be at the top of the pile and getting more traffic than homes that are just listed and using the old school method just waiting for traffic to go by and hopefully you’ll find somebody who will match up with the property well.
Selling FSBO vs. Hiring a Realtor
So choose wisely, make sure that you have a realtor who can do good marketing for your home.
So once you find your realtor it’s important to spend some time to speak to your realtor about your home and how you can better present that home.
You know today many people watch real estate programs on HGTV and various other stations and of course their expectations as a result are very very high. It’s ok that you want to sell my home as is in Williamsburg.
Talking about Model Homes and Selling Your Home Fast
Also many go to new builds and in those new build sites they have model homes and these homes are done immaculately so obviously their expectations are very very high.
But if you take the time to just walk through your home with your realtor, this can be very helpful. You’re almost ready to Sell Your House Fast!
If you do an assessment room by room you’ll know exactly what to take care of and this doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll have to break the bank in order to do expensive remodeling or expensive staging of your home.
Just taking a little bit of time to take care of this in a good way with your realtor can make all the world of difference and get that home sold right away in Williamsburg!
In the description to this video you’ll find a link to our PDF on ‘How to Prepare Your Home for a Successful Sale’, this will really help you with this step.
10 Steps for Staging Your Home on a Budget
Remember, it’s very difficult to change a first impression.
One of the most important things to get right is the pricing because you have to know that you can Sell My House Fast in Chesapeake or any area in Virginia.
Pricing your home right will determine whether or not it is sold quickly or it sits on the market.
If you are not sure about how quick your house might sell, you may be wondering how soon I can sell my house fast. I'm sure you will come across people who have struggled to pay their bills, credit card payments, and some people need to remortgage their property to fund a business venture or pay off loans to ease financial burden.
Up to 2008 most people considered their homes to be assets regrettably this was turned out not to be the case when property prices went south. For homes they bought in 2007 could be bought in 2008 for at least 15% cheaper and therefore, these homeowners owed more on the mortgage than what their house was worth on open market. Great news, is that we can help you buy your property fast even if you're facing negative equity!
So what do you do if you're facing negative equity and perhaps thinking of handing keys back to the bank? There are many quick house buying companies out there who claim to promise you the earth but when it comes to buying your home fast, they will refer to your their partner i.e. people who will pay them to buy your details. This is not a good idea and we feel it is unethical practice to give vulnerable sellers a false sense of security. But, what options are available if I need to sell my home fast and move on hassle free?
I need to sell my house fast - what steps should I consider?
- Selling your house for cash could be the answer to releasing all the equity that is tied up in your home in return for a guaranteed cash payment. But the best offer you can expect will vary from 70-75 of market value. A typical quick house sale for cash can take place within 14 days of instructions and in some cases as quick as 5 working days.
- Sell your house via auction - you can contact your local property auctioneer and even online auction sites and request that you wish to sell your property fast to hungry investors. There's absolutely no guarantee that your property will sell and auctioneer will significantly undervalue your property to "attract" interest from property investor - for example a typical 100K property will be advertised for sale in region of 65K as guide price. There are also insertion fees involved and final sale price at fall hammer. If they do find you a property buyer, you will complete within 28 days and sometimes you can request completion within 14 days. This is not ideal if you're facing repossession and timescales are against you to sell your home fast because you will be waiting for auction date which could be a few months away. During the school summer holidays, most investors will be abroad between July and September so be careful not to list your property during these periods when it will not attract any property investors.
- Sell house and rent back - this could be a solution if you need a discrete sale to put an end to stopping repossession - selling your house discretely and privately at terms you can afford to pay back a rent to an FSA regulated intermediary like ours may be well be the solution.
- Put your house on open market with an estate agent - once you have received a realistic and fair valuation from an agent, you have to place all your trust in them to sell your property fast. If you need to sell your home quickly you might need to spend some money redecorating the property and bringing it to modern standards.
Beware of amateur property investors
Having evaluated your options you may be thinking what should I do if I need to sell my home fast with someone I can actually trust? Where do I find a reputable, reliable buyer who can buy my house fast? Do you really want to trust a "buyer" who has just attended a property course?
It's unfortunate that people you will deal with about selling your house will ultimately benefit from your decision to sell your home fast. If you advertise your home with a low asking price then a potential buyer will get a fantastic discount against its true market value.
Other the other hand, an estate agent will probably over value your property to win your business rather than being realistic and therefore, you may consider selling your home for cash at discount to a property investment company.
If you need to sell house quickly, often you could be confused under pressure, not knowing what to do next. So how can you avoid all the stress if you need sell your home fast?
- Carry out detailed research about how much properties sold for recently in your area. You can find plenty of useful information on Rightmove and Zoopla.
- Ask the experts - contrary to popular belief your estate agents are not property expert as they only allowed to give their opinion rather than professional advice which can only be obtain by a RICS surveyor. Contact your local RICS surveyor to establish how quickly houses are selling in the area and to give you an idea.
The pricing of your home must reflect the true market value.
You know today many people have access to a lot of applications that help them see what’s on the market in a particular area, to know the homes that are there and what they’re being sold for, so it’s important that you do a little homework yourself, get informed of the market area where your home is located, find out how much the homes are being sold for in that area, but most importantly here is where you’re agent, your Realtor is so important in helping you get Cash for Home Fast.
You know yourRealtor is very informed of the market area, I mean this is what they do for a living day to day, they will be able to get the home priced right.
How much does it cost to sell a house?Well that's what we're talking about today and we are starting right now.
Hey everyone, welcome back to my channel.
My name is Karin Carr and I'm a Realtor® in Savannah Georgia with Keller WilliamsCoastal Area Partners.
If this is your first time visiting my channel go aheadand hit the subscribe button and click that little bell for notificationsbecause.
you know, you're awesome and I'm awesome so let's be awesome together.
Sohow much does it cost to sell a house? Assuming that you are going to hire areal estate agent these are the typical expenses that you're going to incur.
#1: you're going to pay the commission to the real estate agentsinvolved in the transaction.
You hire an agent and you agree to pay them Xpercentage of the sales price of the house.
When the buyer comes along if theyare represented by a different agent your agent pays that person.
Now I'vedone a whole other video about where the commission goes.
If you're interestedclick that but just know that we do not keep the whole thing ourselves.
We aresplitting it with the other agent, we are splitting it with our brokerage, we arepaying all of the marketing expenses, so don't go thinking that we're allmillionaires because that's not really how it works.
#2: you will have to pay the property taxes for the time that youlived in the house.
After the property changes hands the buyer will pay that.
Ifyou've already paid your property taxes for the whole year then from the date ofyour closing to the end of the fiscal year you're going to actually get arebate because you've already paid those property taxes and the buyers should bepaying them.
So you'll get money back.
In the Georgia market it's very commonthat buyers ask you to pay their closing costs or at least a portion of it.
Wehave a lot of first-time buyers and nobody puts 20% down any more.
I meanpeople don't have $100,000 just sitting in the bank waiting to buy a house as ageneral rule, so they may ask you, "Hey can you chip in $3,000 towards my closingcosts?" They will probably also ask you for either a home warranty, a termitebond, or both.
As you know living in Georgia there are two types of houses -those that have termites and those that don't have termites yet.
So we typicallylike to have some sort of pest control plan on our homes so that that doesn'thappen.
When the buyer comes along they'll say, "Hey, I want you to transferthat termite bond to me so that I can live in a house for the first year andnot worry that the house has termites or is going to have termites very soon.
"Now let's say the buyer moves in and the first Thanksgiving that they have alltheir family come to visit the stove breaks.
Yes, this actually happenedto one of my clients.
The home warranty company comes and if they can't repair thestove they buy them a new stove.
So it's a great thing for the buyer to make surethat they're not going to have any unforeseen major expenses the first yearthat they live in the house.
A home warranty is typically somewhere around$500.
Now if you decide to sell your house for sale by owner you will not bepaying the real estate agents commission.
Instead you're going to be paying forall of the marketing of your home.
Just a for sale by owner sign inyour front yard is probably not going to get the job done.
The people that buy forsale by owners are looking for a great deal so they're gonna come and offer youfar less than the actual market value of your house as a typical rule.
You're going tobe paying for the photographer, for the video, for the drone photography, for alladvertising, you're gonna have to put a nice sign in the yard, you're going tohave to show the property every time somebody calls you to make anappointment.
So the money that you save in the commission you're going to beincurring a lot of additional costs in marketing and in time, where it's gonnabe all on you.
You don't have an agent who's doing all this stuff for you.
Sonow you know how much it costs to sell a house but do you know what your homeis valued at? Do you know what your market valueis? It's not enough to just say oh the house down the street sold for blah blahblah.
Because half the time your neighbor might tell you, "Oh we sold it for300,000!" But they actually sold it for $289,000.
I'm just saying sometimespeople have the tendency to exaggerate just a little bit.
So if you'd like tofind out what your home is worth because you're thinking of selling in the nextsix months or so, click this link.
We would be happy to do a freeno-obligation home valuation analysis for you so that you can really sit downand say, "Okay, if I sold how much money could I expect to make?" Because that's abig factor in deciding is now the right time to sell or should I wait a year ortwo? Thank you so much for watching and I will see you on the next one.
BLOOPERS:So now youknow how much it takes.
there are two types of houses - those don't havetermites now and those that have.
Best Way To Sell My House - Real Estate Agent, FSBO or Local Home Buyer?
That price will reflect the true market value
If your home is sitting way too long on the market, what’s going to happen is that a prospective buyer is going to start to think, hey what’s wrong with this house, why isn’t it selling and these questions are going to really cause traffic to diminish. It’s tough to simply want to Sell My House Fast and expect to have eager buyers wanting to pay Cash for Home Fast too.
Research shows that between the third and sixth week of the marketing process that’s when the most potential buyers are attracted, so it is important that, first your home has the right pricing and second that there is good aggressive marketing behind it.
You want to maximize traffic that’s going to view your home, draw them in to visit the home and put an offer on that home.
As I mentioned earlier, the visual presentation of your home is very very important.
You know first impressions are very very hard to undo so you always want to create the best possible first impression.
For this reason I don’t recommend that you do mobile phone pictures.
Get a realtor who is going todo professional quality pictures.
You know today on search engines when people are looking at multi listing services and they’re viewing the pictures, usually when a picture is presented if it’s of poor quality they’re probably only going to view the first few pictures and they’re gonna move on to the next property, and this is something you don’t want to happen to your property.
Getting good quality pictures will keep them glued to that screen and they can really consider your house the way it should be considered, and actually today even video production is a very important part of the marketing process, so if your realtor is able to produce a video for you, this is ideal.
You know this will really maximize the amount of eyes that will be looking at your property and considering it for the next purchase.
When it comes to marketing your home, gone are the old days of sitting in the backseat of your real estate agents car or following along behind and looking at multi homes.
Today the Internet has changed the whole experience for good.
Today people are on multi listing services, they are also watching videos that are aggressively being marketed through social media, so it is important that you’re estate agent, your Realtor is up-to-date with all the modern modes of marketing, so make sure you make this one of your criteria in choosing your real estate agent.
That way the right kind of marketing will be put forth and experience maximum exposure of your home and really entice those buyers to come and put an offer on your home and get it sold quickly.
If you found this video helpful, please subscribe, we’d love to have you on board with us, we have a lot of helpful videos coming out that will have information that you’ll find useful whether you’re a buyer or you’re interested in selling property.
Also share this with a friend and leave a comment in the comment section, also if you’d like to call me, call me at the number that you see below, I’d love to hear from you and talk property with you, also remember that there is a PDF thereon ‘How to Prepare Your Home for a Successful Sale’, anyway, until next time, all the best!.
Sell My House Fast For Cash – Can I Do That in Williamsburg?
Hi, my name is Jason Castle, I’m a partnerwith Jaburg|Wilk and my practice areas are family law and criminal defense.
Q: Can I sell my house while the divorce ispending? A: This is a yes and no.
If the other partyagrees, then yes, you can.
However if they are not in agreement you cannot.
It’s importantthat everyone reads the papers that are actually filed with the court.
Specifically, I’mtalking about the preliminary injunctions that’s filed with the initial petition fordissolution of marriage.
Often the petitioner, the person filing, won’t actually read thepreliminary injunctions because that’s what’s going to be served on the other spouse.
Butin the preliminary injunctions, it expressly says that the parties cannot sell property,destroy property, transfer property, encumber property – all of that is precluded andso unless you have an agreement or a court order, the answer is no, you cannot sell theproperty.
Q: What happens if I do? A: If a party sells a house or property, itbecomes an issue that will be brought before the court as a contempt violating a courtorder and so there can be sanctions and the other penalties that would be incurred.
RecentlyI had a case where the husband moved out of the residential property and as soon as hewas gone, the wife put everything on Craig’s list and made very sure that the public knewthat it was her husband’s property that she was getting rid of and it was going forcheap and so it does happen and you go back into court and you get an injunction and hopefullythe court can get you in before all the property is gone.
Sell My House - Prepare Before You SellAdam Buys Houses CompanyBlockedUnblockFollowFollowingJul 24, 2017Avoid the wolves in sheep’s clothing.
You want to sell your house but are wondering how you know it’s one of those “we buy houses scams”.
Be aware of those we buy houses scams. This is a very important topic to cover. I wouldn’t feel like I’m doing sellers any justice as a real home buyer unless mentioned ways to avoid predatory scams in Denver Colorado. As the market here gets hotter and hotter, more and more people want to take advantage of the situation in a bad way.
Have those advertisements for people saying, ‘we buy houses’ caught your eye and made you question whether they are we buy houses scams? This is a very real concern for people considering this kind of service.
Trying to sell your house fast in Denver? Are you concerned that you might get taken advantage of or have the wool pulled over your eyes?
Join the club.
The traditional way to sell a house is using a real estate agent and having them list your house.
Maybe you would rather skip the hassles and sell to a Denver cash home buyer instead. Every year, thousands of people sell their homes directly to investors rather than listing with an agent. In fact, nationwide, 5.5% of home sales were to investors according to a report by RealtyTrac.
If you’ve never sold a home before or never sold one without the services of agent, it can be quit scary. It can seem downright overwhelming. Most people may be buying or selling a property a couple times in their lifetime.
I’m going to share some tips for you to make sure that who you are working with is a legitimate house buyer and not someone looking to scam you. By the end of this article, you’ll be armed with what you need to know to choose the right company to buy your house.
The Sniff Test For We Buy Houses Scams
There are a lot of legitimate house buyers in Denver, but there are also some people that are running we buy houses scams. It can be difficult to know which one you might be dealing with.
The stakes are high. People have lost lots of time, money and even their houses to scams run by people that don’t have any sort of moral compass.
It can be difficult to determine if who you are dealing with has your best interests at heart. Most of the time there are “tells” that will clue you in to their true intentions. These signs can mean you are caught in some of the we buy houses scams being used today.
The Three Most Important Things to Look Out For
- Upfront Money and Application Fees — If a house buyer wants you to pay them any kind of fees to evaluate your house, run away as fast you can. This person is likely a scammer. Honest home buying companies don’t make money charging application fees or asking for money. They make their money from buying houses, fixing them up and either renting or selling the house. I’ve had many sellers in the past even mention to me that they were told to put up the earnest money deposit to sell there house. Again, run fast if you’re ever asked to give any money.
- “Kitchen Table Closings” — If a buyer wants you to sign over the deed to your house anywhere other than a title company or attorney’s office, you’re likely going to be making a costly mistake. Any sale you have should happen at a title company so that you can make sure the paperwork is handled properly and all liens are taken care of. The sale must be recorded with the government to prove new ownership and the sale of the property. If the government must know that why would you sell in secrecy?Please do not mistake this for signing a contract to sell your house. A Purchase and Sale Agreement is the very first step in the process to selling your house. That can and probably will happen at your house. Just don’t sign any Warranty Deeds, Quitclaim Deeds without the services of a real estate attorney or title company.
- Too Much Information is Given — Phony bank statements and pre-approval letters for loans are given without being requested from untrustworthy real estate investors. These investors present these documents to make them appear legit but these documents can easily be faked. There is no reason for an investor to asks for driver license numbers, social security numbers or even your date of birth. The title company will be the only one asking for that for verification of owner on title. The only thing the home buyer should legitimately ask about is your situation and the condition of the property so they can find a solution to your problem with what you need and so they know how much they can pay for the home.This occurs a lot when the supposed “investor” lives in a different city than Denver Colorado and communicates almost entirely by email. I don’t know about you, but I’d rather work with somebody local that I can meet face to face. Just because they are not local doesn’t immediately make them a scammer, but I sure would rather know who I’m dealing with. With technology nowadays it should be difficult to make a phone call or use an app like FaceTime or Skype to communicate from a distance.
Scammers Don’t Always Look and Act Like Used Car-Salesmen
It’s not always easy to pick out who the scammer is in a crowd.
Sometimes it’s the overly nice person.
Sometimes it’s the straight and to-the-point always in a rush person.
Don’t let your guard down just because someone smooth talks you. You need to get the facts about who they are and what they can do for you.
We will discuss exactly what to ask for to determine whether you are dealing with the right kind of house buyer or not later in this article.
It may seem impossible to determine whether someone is genuine or running we buy houses scams…but it’s not.
One way is to trust your gut. If something doesn’t seem right…it probably isn’t and could be one of those we buy houses scams. It also could be someone having a bad day or simply just needs to use the restroom. Okay, all kidding aside it’s best to at least be aware of we buy houses scams and that’s the point.
Another way is to determine whether their actions match their words. Actions always speak louder than words and I’ve found them to be very telling about people.
If a Denver home buyer says he or she is going to meet you at your house at 2:00pm on Wednesday and they show up at 2:40pm.. they certainly don’t value your time or respect it.
If they walk through your house and tear it apart with harsh words about the house or your situation, you are probably dealing with someone that could care less about your feelings or what you get out of the deal.
Harsh words about your house are solely intended to force you to lower your opinion of the value of the house. This type of investor may as well be wearing a plaid suit and lots of gold chains.
A respectable and reputable real estate investor will always treat you with respect. They will show up on time and show empathy. When viewing houses, trustworthy house buyers will look for the positive aspects of the house as they know full well they will be making repairs and breathing new life into the home.
Other Not-so-obvious Semi-We buy houses scams
There are many other situations that I call ‘semi-scams’ to watch out for. These may not be illegal or full-blown we buy houses scams but are intended to take advantage of you and your situation.
It’s best to avoid these at all costs with we buy houses scams.
- Sub2 or Subject To Scams — Some investors use a strategy called ‘Subject To’ or Sub2 when using shorthand. This is where they buy your house from you “subject to” the existing mortgage. They will want you to deed them the house without paying off your mortgage.The biggest problem with this is that the mortgage is in your name and, if it goes unpaid, directly impacts your credit!It’s pretty easy to see why this type of deal is important to avoid. You would basically be trusting an almost complete stranger with your credit. No thanks!
- Conflict of Interest Scams — One I often hear about is a real estate agent not disclosing they are an agent and offering to buy the property. Only later to say they changed their mind and would rather list it. This goes against the NAR Code of Ethics 2016. What is happening is they are looking for a way to make money no matter what happens and are only looking out for their best interest. People should be absolutely clear on their intentions from the start. Too much wishy washy commitments usually means something is wrong.
- Short Sales Scams — Short sales are where a bank or mortgage company agrees to release their lien on your house in exchange for less than the principle balance of your loan. Typically, you have to pay off any principle balance and interest due for them to release the lien. When they agree to accept less, you are performing what is called a short sale.A short sale in and of itself is not a problem, it’s when this is attempted when it doesn’t make sense that causes a lot of problems for Denver Colorado homeowners.If you are behind on payments but have a lot of equity and a home that doesn’t need any major repairs, you might have an investor convince you to attempt a short sale.Short sales can drag on for months and the bank may wait until just before a foreclosure auction to deny it. Then what are you going to do? You won’t have time to sell it. It’s almost certain to be lost to foreclosure.Some careless investors don’t give you all the facts when they attempt a short sale on your house. You also need to be aware that even if the bank agrees to take less for the lien to be released, they could put a deficiency judgement on you for the amount the loan was shorted. You will probably also have to report the amount shorted as income which could cause your income tax owed to be a real problem for you.
How to Avoid These Potential Scams
Do your homework to avoid we buy houses scams.
With some quick research you can easily determine whether somebody has a history of doing what they say. You can also find out if they’ve been in business for a while which shows they are stable and worthy of your business.
Crooks rarely stay in business long and almost always have negative reviews.
- Check testimonials — Be sure to look for online reviews and testimonials for the house buying company you are considering. Any reputable business will have statements from previous customers that can attest to how they do business. You can read dozens of reviews from customers upon request from Adams Buys Houses. Take a look at them for an example of the types of things you will find for any honest business owner.
- Check the Better Business Bureau — The Better Business Bureau (known as the BBB) allows consumers to leave reviews and rate local businesses. You should only work with house buying companies that have a strong rating with the Better Business Bureau. If they don’t have a rating they may be new or not have an LLC yet but it’s still a great thing to look into.
- Make sure to close at a title company — There is so much legal talk in contracts and deed documents that you simply must have a title company or real estate attorney handle the closing.This is to ensure that everything is done properly.The last thing you want is for something to be done incorrectly that you have to deal with years down the road.You could even run into a situation where you are sued because something wasn’t handled properly.Title companies provide title insurance that will protect you from most of these problems. It’s definitely worth it.
- Don’t sign documents you don’t understand — This one seems to be common sense but is definitely not common practice. If you don’t understand something, don’t sign it.This is also where a good real estate attorney or title company can be worth their weight in gold. They should be able to break it down for you in layman’s terms so that you know what you are getting into.Great house buying companies will also take the time to clearly explain everything you are agreeing to in a way that makes sense to you. They are not in a rush and don’t sound confusing. If you find you are working with someone not willing to do that, don’t work with them. Find someone else that buys houses.
When selling a house fast to a local house buying company, you should be aware of the signs of potential we buy houses scams.
Armed with the knowledge from this article you are much better prepared to find a great house buyer for your house that will treat you with respect and do what they say they are going to do.
If you would like to get a fair cash offer for your Denver house, do not hesitate to give us a call at 303–558–5843. We would be glad to answer any questions you have and help you in any way we can whether you sell to us or not.